3 more FSX screenies.....

FSX including FSX Steam version.

3 more FSX screenies.....

Postby cspyro21 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:11 pm

AvSim have aqquired more screenies of FSX - all 3 of them! :D Just follow the link on Avsim's front page, it's easy enough to find. ;)
cspyro21
Major
Major

Re: 3 more FSX screenies.....

Postby Mike.. » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:33 pm

I liked the first and second shot. In the second shot you can see the traffic on the highway......COOL!! As for the third shot, i've seen better wing views in my FS9 mods. It is still a work in progress though ::). Good find.
Mike..
Major
Major

Postby Katahu » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:33 pm

Notice how the glaciers, if they are glaciers, decend nice and evenly. When compared to X-Plane, the mountains in FS and X-Plane look just about the same [well, X-Planes textures still need work].

I like the second shot the most. Look at the detail on the traffic.

EDIT: I can picture myself driving down the road with Nemo [in his Spit] on my six. ;D
Last edited by Katahu on Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hai Perso Coyone? » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:21 pm

That third one is just WoP...I hope it get's better...I was also thinking...since the new FS will take advantage of DX-10...and DX-10 compatible video card's are not out yet...AFAIK...which DX-10 stuff is in those shots? I am sure the water for one will have to be DX-10...as it was in FS9...ah well...I think I won't get a new video card for a little while now... ;)
Hai Perso Coyone?
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Mobius » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:01 pm

I definitely liked how detailed and pointy the mountains looked in the first shot, more like X-plane's and how they really look, instead of the big mounds in FS9.  I really thought the detail on the airplane in the second shot was great, as was the traffic on the road.  And for the third shot, it really has that "high-altitude" feel that FS9 sometimes lacks, in my opinion.  Also, the clouds, and weather in the distance look really great, as well as the water, which is stunning in my opinion. :o ;D ;)
Mobius
Major
Major

Postby thebrelon » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:48 am

the screenshots are nice, really nice for default, but I feel like it doesn't do much better than FS9 with some good add-on, either payware or freeware.
I mean the difference is not that big.

My conclusion is, wait for FSX, but most important wait for Addons, and then it should really be stunning... ;)

2 cents point of view. ;D

vince
laptop: kenitec D900TV
Pentium 4 3.4gHz HT
4Gb corsair DDR II 533MHZ
2x 60Gb Hard drive
Nvidia geforce 6800  DDR3 256 Mb
thebrelon
Captain
Captain

Postby Katahu » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:35 pm

Your last post has merit, Thebrelon. However, I must question that comment regarding FS9 being better with addons.

I have not seen any of the following addons for FS9 since it's release years ago:

1. Water that reflects the coast.
2. Addons that allow self-shadowing on aircraft.
3. Addons that render bump-maps.
4. Sun glare that reflects off the surface of aircraft [I'm not talking about specular lighting].
5. Wet and reflective runway textures that are dynamic like aircraft reflections.

I just get peeved off when people say FS9 is better than FSX when supplimented with addons because I have yet to see any addon that can do any of the things listed above.

But I agree with you last comment on future FSX addons. It's best to first wait for FSX addons and then buy FSX.
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby thebrelon » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:30 am

you're right katahu, these addons don't exist for FS9. and it's a chance that FSX offers things that FS9 doesn't, isn't it?

I'm not saying that FS9 with addons is better than FSX, I say that for a new software, visually FSX is not as much different from FS9 as I would expect...

Again, for default scenery/software, it's really good, may be I'm expecting too much, but what I tried to say, is as good as it looks so far, with some apropriate addons it should be really beautifull...
look at what addons offer to FS9 compaired to its default scenery/aircraft/texture/effect and whatsoever, and try to imagine what could be FSX...

that's all I tried to say. and the last thing I want is to be negative, I'm sorry you take it that way.

vince
Pentium 4 3.4gHz HT
2x 60Gb Hard drive
thebrelon
Captain
Captain

Postby Katahu » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:01 am

that's all I tried to say. and the last thing I want is to be negative, I'm sorry you take it that way.

vince

It's ok.

And you're right again about the addons improving the sims. In fact, that's what FS addons have always done [no matter which version of FS it's for]. ;D

You know, speaking of screenies, can you imagine how the addons will help with scenery when it comes to Screenshot Competitions? :o
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby thebrelon » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:05 am

You know, speaking of screenies, can you imagine how the addons will help with scenery when it comes to Screenshot Competitions? :o

just have to look at last months contest winners's screenshots to imagine what they will do with FSX and some addons: photos...

;)
Pentium 4 3.4gHz HT
2x 60Gb Hard drive
thebrelon
Captain
Captain

Postby Delta_ » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:23 am

The only good thing i see in the shots is the cars on the road, but apart from that it looks no better than fs9 with a mesh and silverwings, or something similar. ;)
Delta_
Major
Major

Postby Airshow_lover » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:50 pm

just have to look at last months contest winners's screenshots to imagine what they will do with FSX and some addons: photos...

;)

We just have to be carefull and hope its not to realistic.

Some "people" might want ot cheat with a real photo.

just an observation.:)
C/SMSgt - Civil Air Patrol
Airshow_lover
Major
Major

Postby Katahu » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:17 pm

The only good thing i see in the shots is the cars on the road, but apart from that it looks no better than fs9 with a mesh and silverwings, or something similar. ;)

Are you being sarcastic with me? ::)
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby cheesegrater » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:18 pm

That wing picture looks like crap.
cheesegrater

Postby Katahu » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:19 am

That wing picture looks like crap.

I think the purpose of that wing shot is to demonstrate the feeling of hight. Just look at the sky in that shot and compare it to the sky of the second shot [the one with the float plane]. Do you notice the different shade of blue? They're both daytime shots at or around high noon [from the looks of where the sun is].

It seems obvious that as you get higher in FSX, the sky becomes darker.
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Next

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam