Military Traffic

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Military Traffic

Postby AVIATION_NATION » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:27 am

hey everyone.
how many of you out there would like to see regular* military trafic (*as in not having to download it)  going in and out of military bases?

wouldn't that be cool. for instance...mabey red flag F-16's, 15's, 22's, A-10's on the flightline at Nellis AFB then have some take off to the nellis range.

or mabey some B-52's at minot AFB, or Test aircraft like UCAV's and X-Planes at Edwards AFB, or the airshow at Oshkosh.

hey mabey even the Blue Angels at Pensicola NAS...
wouln't that be cool?
AVIATION_NATION
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Military Traffic

Postby SkyNoz » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:42 am

You brought up a great point, the answer that I would give you, as only my "opionion" is it wont happen. If you mean real excat millitary flightplans etc. The reason is, information to that extent is normally kept classified, times, location, aircraft so on. If the flightplans are not to the exact mentioned and not realistic then it could happen, you can find freeware files and also put togther your own, not that they might not be real to what you might see at your local AFB. Their will
Last edited by SkyNoz on Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Project Kfir!
My Gmax page
Aircraft modeler/Aircarft painter

Aye the key!
[GeneralEngineData]
//0=Piston, 1=Jet, 2=N
SkyNoz
Major
Major

Postby expat » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:45 am

That would be good, but I often get the feeling that with FS9, military is a dirty word. :-/

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby flyboy 28 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:57 am

Flight Simulator from it's conception has always been a civil flight simulator. They probably won't include it, but if they did, hey, cool. :) There's literally hundreds of military AI packages out there that suit me just fine. :)
flyboy 28
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Katahu » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:00 pm

If you want military AI, then you can always go to www.projectai.com

You get them for free, installation is easy, and all AI traffic from the site is frame-rate friendly.
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby mdavies90 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:33 pm

If you want military AI, then you can always go to www.projectai.com

You get them for free, installation is easy, and all AI traffic from the site is frame-rate friendly.

i cant get them to work mate.  any tips??
mdavies90
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby gn85 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:49 pm

i cant get them to work mate.  any tips??

The problem with military AI is the fact that the military bases don't have parking spaces. :(  I've found that the bases need to have military parking for the planes.
gn85
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:51 pm

The problems with having military planes in FS is that if they're there then people will want to be able to fire off guns and missiles and it would become a combat flight simulator instead of just a flight simulator.
Woodlouse2002 PITA and BAR!!!!!!!!

Our Sovereign Lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains c
Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby flyboy 28 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:45 pm

[quote]

i cant get them to work mate.
flyboy 28
Colonel
Colonel

Postby commoner » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:14 am

..............make FSX a gun free zone...........PLEASE Sir Bill...PLEEEEAAASE!....commoner :o :o :o
Last edited by commoner on Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is."
commoner
Major
Major

Postby expat » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:19 am

..............make FSX a gun free zone...........PLEASE Sir Bill...PLEEEEAAASE!....commoner :o :o :o

Sir Bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I guess the UK News is right. The Honours System has taken a real nose dive. :-/ :-/

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby commoner » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:01 am

Sir Bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I guess the UK News is right. The Honours System has taken a real nose dive. :-/ :-/

Matt

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/03/02/bill_gates_knighted/

..................Please No guns My Lord Gates.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Image"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is."
commoner
Major
Major

Postby Jehovah_of_Jive » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:10 am

Why? Surely a common World Sim platform (for ships/trains/cars as well as planes) is a worthy goal? And once that world is realistically modelled (read trade-off between accuracy and frame rates), and the physics of movement through that world realistically modelled (microlight, motorbike, 747 or speedboat) this common sim-world platform can be used to host any nature of sim; rally, train sim, flight, combat...

What's the problem with FSX with guns anyway?

J_o_J
Jehovah_of_Jive
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Fozzer » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:37 am

J_o_J

Combat Flight Simulator:
Catered for in.....CFS1....CFS2...CFS3...;)...!

Flight Simulator:
FS 5, FS' 98, FS 2000, FS 2002, FS 2004, FS X....private, experimental, and  commercial aircraft.... 8)...!
...no guns, no bombs, no Hellfire missles, etc.... ;)...!

Paul...Opposite side of the "Pond" where guns are discouraged..... ;)....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby commoner » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:09 pm

J_o_J

......same as Fozz says....and I don't mind saying that have a problem with guns FULL STOP (or PERIOD) as they say in other parts of the world.) real life or sim....commoner.
:o
commoner
Major
Major

Next

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam