Damage

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Re: Damage

Postby Mike.. » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:29 pm

I too would like mild damage effects. Bent props, flap/spolier damage, tire blow outs(with & without loosing the whole gear) etc. But nothing of the horendous fireball down the runway type. Save it for the movies. If a belly landing were possible in FSX, I'd like to see more realism in the aircraft involved. Example, 747 belly lands,fire and rescue race to scene, and for aircraft realism sake....the emergency exits with inflatable chutes deployed. That always bothered me in FS9. Great flight, go park, powerdown, open exits,your passengers fall 25 or so feet to the tarmac ;D. My 2 cents..........
Mike..
Major
Major

~

Postby Scorpiоn » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:44 pm

Forget all this damage business, what'd really be beneficial in this area is declaring emergencies.  What's the use in having failures if you can't make damaged landing since the green CRASH will show up, and there are no special ATC procedures.  While were talking about it, how about making random failures actually random.  I never liked how you had to set up your own demise.
The Devil's Advocate.
Scorpiоn
Major
Major

Re: ~

Postby Tweek » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:10 am

While were talking about it, how about making random failures actually random.  I never liked how you had to set up your own demise.

Yes, I've always wanted that to be implemented. Some flights I actually want to have an engine failure, but I don't want to be looking at the clock thinking "any time now". I'd rather it be out of the blue, as of course is the case in real life.
Tweek

Re: Damage

Postby TheBod1357 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:57 pm

very true, one of the things that annoys me the most about the assignments setup, that you can actually set up a key configuration to cause an engine failure, or instrument, electrical, landing gear, brakes, flaps, etc.
I guess this is provided so that on the offchance you are flying and want to die...you can! Just by pressing a button...

So who was it that said that Flight Simulator's designers did not intend for people to purposely crash? ;D
TheBod1357
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam