Seen This Yet? / Tons of Screenshots

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Re: Seen This Yet? / Tons of Screenshots

Postby A/SGT.Mav316 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:20 am

true that true that. I agree with FS9 being an upgrade of fs8 because of the clouds and water. But when the much better aircrafts started getting release that is when I made the switch!  ;D

(Man I miss that annoying paperclip M$word in W98)
Its only in your mind, strong mind, strong soul and nobody can take that from you!
A/SGT.Mav316
Major
Major

Re: Seen This Yet?

Postby MeTriX » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:09 pm

[quote]No I haven't.
Image Image

[center]Vista Australis [url=ht
MeTriX
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Katahu » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:10 pm

Don't forget, guys. We addon developers [especially those who fly] can and always will make better dynamics than the default aircraft of FS. In fact, we can make anything better for any version of FS no matter how hard M$ tried.

What FS9 doesn't support:

1. Shorelines that reflect land.
2. Bump Maps
3. Reflected sun glare

Now, if you can prove to me that there is an addon [payware or freeware] that can make FS9 do the three listed above, then I will not buy FSX. To me, the sun glare and bump texture on the aircraft surface [seen in FSX] is a sign that M$ is close to achieving LOMAC-level shadows. Maybe we will see self-shadowing in FS11 one day.

And don't forget the weather. Remember, the weather in FS9 has greatly improved over FS2k2's crappy weather effects. In my opinion, the lightning strikes are the only things that need a bit improving. They look too 2D in FS9 at certain angles and I have yet to see any addon [payware or freeware] that can fix that. However, they are still an improvement over FS2k2's pencil-drawing lightning strikes.

EDIT: So, since each version is better than the last with M$, what makes you think that FSX is no different if it hasen't even hit the shelves yet? In FS98, the 737 usually behaived as if it was landing on an aircraft carrier [always stopping too quick]. The dynamics of the 737 got better with the release of newer versions. Of course, the dynamics are not top of the line, but they are slowly getting better regardless. But still, as I said before, no matter how hard M$ tried, we addon developers will always do better.

Remember this saying: M$ provides the shell, we provide the goodies. ;D
Last edited by Katahu on Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby BFMF » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:28 pm

In my opinion, the lightning strikes are the only things that need a bit improving.

I think the most annoying problem with the weather is that you can see the ground through a cloud ceiling and fog.

There's nothing more annoying than descending down to your destination airport when the sky looks clear, you can see the ground, but the ATIS is reporting only a few miles visibility. A few moments later an invisible cloud layer becomes visible as you're flying below into a fogged in airport
Last edited by BFMF on Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Katahu » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:31 pm

I think the most annoying problem with the weather is that you can see the ground through the ceiling and fog.

Well, that too. But I never fly through fog anyways. ;D
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby waspiflab » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:08 pm

Be honest guys this one will get as sleepy as fs2004, you'll be half way through a flight and think BUGGER IT lets crash n burn. It looks no different to fs2004 a few little touches and the water looks crap as ever.
waspiflab

Postby Katahu » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:45 pm

It looks no different to fs2004 a few little touches and the water looks crap as ever.

Someone just doesn't see the big picture around here.

Be honest guys this one will get as sleepy as fs2004, you'll be half way through a flight and think BUGGER IT lets crash n burn.

But behold, he has a sense of humur. ;D
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Clipper » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:17 pm

Just keeping the pics fresh... :)
Clipper
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Katahu » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:23 pm

You know, speaking of the screenshots, I went to the FS2004.com Forums during my lunch today. I was looking at the Gallary were the Moderators posted screenies of FSX. And below these screenies are comments from the forum members of that site.

I like the shots a lot. And I am still looking at the roads more often than the rest of the shots. Time to get out of the garage for fresh air. ;D

Anyways, one of the members kept posting comments under each FSX screenie that would pee off even people like Waspiflab with comments like:

- "Oh that scenery is and I don't like that piece of "

or

- "FSX is and I hate its and all its "

People these days. :-/

A day later, this man's comments were quickly removed by the Mods for abviouse reasons.

Again, people these days. I bet people like him buy new versions of FS even after making comments like that. Or maybe he is the kind of guy who doesn't like civil sims that don't have explosions like CFS. ::)
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Clipper » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:54 pm

You know, speaking of the screenshots, I went to the FS2004.com Forums during my lunch today. I was looking at the Gallary were the Moderators posted screenies of FSX. And below these screenies are comments from the forum members of that site.

I like the shots a lot. And I am still looking at the roads more often than the rest of the shots. Time to get out of the garage for fresh air. ;D

Anyways, one of the members kept posting comments under each FSX screenie that would pee off even people like Waspiflab with comments like:

- "Oh that scenery is and I don't like that piece of "

or

- "FSX is and I hate its and all its "

People these days. :-/

A day later, this man's comments were quickly removed by the Mods for abviouse reasons.

Again, people these days. I bet people like him buy new versions of FS even after making comments like that. Or maybe he is the kind of guy who doesn't like civil sims that don't have explosions like CFS. ::)

Katahu, it sounds to me like this guy just likes hearing the sound of his own voice (in a manner of speaking). I highly doubt anyone  takes what he types seriously in any event. One more reason to say "Thank god for the V"!
Last edited by Clipper on Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clipper
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Midwest_Aviation » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:05 pm

Hey guys look at the one with teh 747 in the rain, it has no front gear LOL
Pentium 4, 1600Mhz, Geforce 5200 128MB, 512MB Ram, 17' LCD, Soundblaster audigyII 5.1.
Midwest_Aviation
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Katahu » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:52 pm

Hey guys look at the one with teh 747 in the rain, it has no front gear LOL

Since SimViation is one of the major sites that M$ often visits for information, thanks for pointing out the inconsistencies to them. Now they'll fix it before it's released [ahem]one year left[/ahem]. ;D
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby ctjoyce » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:27 pm

Yes it does, Its just got Ozzy at the controols ;)

Cheers
Cameron
CTJoyce, Modding and voiding warranties since 2003
Sheila's Specs:ASUS Striker Extreme 680i, Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.2Ghz, Corsair XMS2 PC2-6400C4 2GB, 2x eVGA 7900GT KO,  Western Digital 80GB SATA & 250GB SATAIII
[b]Vesp
ctjoyce
Major
Major

Previous

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam