Videos

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Videos

Postby Scorpiоn » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:49 pm

Gamespot has two developer interview videos.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sim/microsof ... index.html

In one video, if you look at the display in the background, you can see dolphins jumping in the water.  In the second, he takes off of the cruise ship's helipad.

Interesting stuff.  HDR, cloud shadows - all stuff I really wanted in FS9.  Perhaps I'll get back into flight sim.
The Devil's Advocate.
Scorpiоn
Major
Major

Re: Videos

Postby expat » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:02 pm

Just after take off, you can see birds flying too.
During the Direct X10 interview, it is said that DirectX10 will not be backwards compatible. Is this going against what has been said about FSX, or have I misunderstood two different things?

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

~

Postby Scorpiоn » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:04 pm

Well, if you watch a little further he said Windows Vista will have two graphics thingies.  (Sorry with so many abbreviations I lost track!)  DX9 will be built into Vista so you can play old games like Battlefield 2, but DX10 will move foward.
The Devil's Advocate.
Scorpiоn
Major
Major

Postby flyboy 28 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:48 pm

I can't get the vid to play.. ?
flyboy 28
Colonel
Colonel

~

Postby Scorpiоn » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:24 pm

Disable your pop-up blocker, perhaps?
The Devil's Advocate.
Scorpiоn
Major
Major

Postby Katahu » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:24 pm

Just after take off, you can see birds flying too.
During the Direct X10 interview, it is said that DirectX10 will not be backwards compatible. Is this going against what has been said about FSX, or have I misunderstood two different things?

Matt

You might have misunderstood it completely. M$ is focusing on making FSX backwards compatible with our current addons [scenery, aircraft, etc.]. Direct X is a different story altogether.

For example, everyone knows that older video cards that don't support DX9 can't support visual effects that require DX9. However, they can still run FS9 without it, but with limited visual effects [such as lack of reflections on water].

This means that there is an 90% chance that FSX can work on our older non-DX10 hardware and OS, just like FS9 did with non-DX9 hardware. You'll just simply have limited visual effects as always until you upgrade.
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: ~

Postby flyboy 28 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:47 pm

Disable your pop-up blocker, perhaps?

I get the window to open, but when I press the Triangle to play, it just flashes "opening media" then returns to "ready".
Last edited by flyboy 28 on Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flyboy 28
Colonel
Colonel

~

Postby Scorpiоn » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:11 pm

Well, beats me.  Try downloading it.  Streaming has always been a fiddly business for me.
The Devil's Advocate.
Scorpiоn
Major
Major

Postby expat » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:30 am

You might have misunderstood it completely. M$ is focusing on making FSX backwards compatible with our current addons [scenery, aircraft, etc.]. Direct X is a different story altogether.

For example, everyone knows that older video cards that don't support DX9 can't support visual effects that require DX9. However, they can still run FS9 without it, but with limited visual effects [such as lack of reflections on water].

This means that there is an 90% chance that FSX can work on our older non-DX10 hardware and OS, just like FS9 did with non-DX9 hardware. You'll just simply have limited visual effects as always until you upgrade.

Thanks Katahu, words of one syllable, just the way I like it.
By the way, which Scooby are you producing? The Legacy B4, is faster than the Impreza as I found out when I wound it up to its full 161 mph :o....I just love living in Germany 8)

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Tom_M » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:13 pm

I thought it was a Skyline not a Scooby :P
-Games PC-
AMD 3200+ (due for replacement)
1GB RAM
256MB 7600GS Overclocked
Tom_M
1st Lieutenant