FSX flight dynamics

FSX including FSX Steam version.

FSX flight dynamics

Postby AU_cary » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:29 am

I am just as excited about FSX as everyone else but I really hope that MS has done some work with the flight dynamics. It would be really nice to fly the extra like it should be flown. Now, before anyone tells me that acro in a sim is impossible, you have to see this link. This is a sim I use to practice RC flying. The flight dynamics were done by IPACS, an overseas company. The extra, yaks, suhkoi's all fly acro well in the sim. Knife edge flight is possible and positive and negative snaps are easily accomplished. I just wish that Microsoft could get this part of the sim right. It would be tons more fun to fly a real IAC sequence instead of some shaky rolls and enough power to get a couple of vertical rolls. Watch the vid to see what I am talking about.  
Of course, this is based of an RC model that has a better thrust to weight ratio but still, the flight dynamics are close to what a real extra could do.

http://www.flybuder.com/aeroflyvids/AFPD.wmv
AU_cary
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: FSX flight dynamics

Postby Felix/FFDS » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:15 pm

Like many, I would wish that Microsoft has paid additional attention to the flight dynamics.

I *fear*, though, that this version has received the most attention to the graphics and environment, rather than a similar enhancement to the dynamics.
Felix/FFDS
Felix/FFDS
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Felix/FFDS » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:15 pm

Like many, I would wish that Microsoft has paid additional attention to the flight dynamics.

I *fear*, though, that this version has received the most attention to the graphics and environment, rather than a similar enhancement to the dynamics.
Felix/FFDS
Felix/FFDS
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Katahu » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:20 pm

Three words:

Wait and see. ::)
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Felix/FFDS » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:50 pm

Three words:

Wait and see. ::)

K - I don't think you're going to get a default Lamborghini Diablo; Chevrolet Cobalt; Ford Five Hundred; or Chrysler 300   :)
Felix/FFDS
Felix/FFDS
Administrator
Administrator

Postby expat » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:06 pm

K - I don't think you're going to get a default Lamborghini Diablo; Chevrolet Cobalt; Ford Five Hundred; or Chrysler 300   :)

No, but if Microsoft  check out ebay, they can buy a freeware version of Katahu's Ferrari (only paying for the disk and time to download of course) and include it as a run  around.   ;D ;D

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Katahu » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:04 pm

No, but if Microsoft  check out ebay, they can buy a freeware version of Katahu's Ferrari (only paying for the disk and time to download of course) and include it as a run  around.   ;D ;D

Matt

Please, don't bring that up. Pleeeeeeeease!!!!!! It bothers me to hear what happened to the Ferrari. :(

I know, Felix. It's a flight sim. Duh. However, I wouldn't be surprised if M$ implimented that. ::)
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby expat » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:12 am

Please, don't bring that up. Pleeeeeeeease!!!!!! It bothers me to hear what happened to the Ferrari. :(

Sorry, it was only a light hearted comment, I can imagine how peeved you are at what happened.

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hai Perso Coyone? » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:08 am

Sorry, it was only a light hearted comment, I can imagine how peeved you are at what happened.

Matt

Well, that's probably cause he made it  ::)
Hai Perso Coyone?
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby expat » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:18 am

Well, that's probably cause he made it  ::)

No probably about it, he did.

expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby AU_cary » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:07 pm

anyone look at the video?
AU_cary
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby GunnerMan » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:26 pm

Considering the guy in the video flew a helicopter with an Xbox 360 controller; doing it rather well while sayin he has hardly ever done it before. I fear they have made the dynamics worse  :-X
GunnerMan
Major
Major

Postby Chris_F » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:59 am

Unfortunately I think the only way we'll see better flight dynamics in MSFS is if MS starts getting worried about the sales it loses to the X-plane folks.  Until then we'll probably get the same flight model in all upcoming versions.  As evidence consider that they easily could have improved the flight model for the 2004 version but didn't.
Chris_F
Major
Major

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:08 am

Do any of you folks stop and think that to get more accurate flight dynamics then a change of game engine will probably be needed which would be the end of addon continuity.
Woodlouse2002 PITA and BAR!!!!!!!!

Our Sovereign Lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains c
Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Chris_F » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:01 pm

I would sacrifice addon continuity for vastly improved flight dynamics.  At some point I think MS has to fundamentally change the sim, might as well be now.
Chris_F
Major
Major

Next

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam