M$ targets FSX only for rich no but richest

FSX including FSX Steam version.

M$ targets FSX only for rich no but richest

Postby Capt. Farhan » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:15 am

Dont u think that microsoft is targeting the fsX only for rich people because with limited system that 90% of the people have, cant enjoy the simulation at its fullest....what u people say...they can enjoy only improvement in ATC and flight dynamics but not in the world of scenery..like me i am also worried about upgrading my system...form 1 GB ram to 2 GB and Geforce 6600 256mb to geforce 7800 512mb...
Capt. Farhan
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: M$ targets FSX only for rich no but richest

Postby Fly2e » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:30 am

The more advanced they build it, the better it is.
From my point of view, I use the sim to get the best possible and most real flight I can experience, from VFR to IFR.

I don't play it like a "game", as I am learning and experiencing the closest I can to the real thing. So if they make the simulator more demanding and require more advanced technology to run it, then I will pay.

Remember, you don't need to buy FSX, you can run the sim just the way you have been..

Dave
COMING SOON!
Fly2e
Colonel
Colonel

Postby flyboy 28 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:28 am

From my point of view, I use the sim to get the best possible and most real flight I can experience, from VFR to IFR.

I agree. New technology is coming out all the time. If you can't keep up, you may as well go back to playing a Commodore 64. ;)

But hey, for or five years ago, who would think that people would have 200gb hard drives? Who thought that computer graphics would be this amazing? I see it as a precursor to some of the amazing oppertunities in the video game market.

Oh jeez I sound like an MS representitive. :)
flyboy 28
Colonel
Colonel

Postby legoalex2000 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:49 am

there's nothing wrong with not upgrading your system. it's perfectly alright.
although i cant say the same for myself cause i got a new computer every time FS came out...

but the best part is i like the originals. i still play civilization, sim city, age of empires, cause they are classic fun. it's also cool to note how far we have avdanced in graphic capabilites in just 15 years.

man i just bult this.. i hope FSX will run well...

:)Ramos
legoalex2000

Postby Katahu » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:57 am

Speaking of classics, I managed to pull out FS95 from the dusty confines of my drawers. It was the first sim I ever got in my lifetime. Back in the days, it's graphics were outstanding. But now, seeing FSX makes my FS95 look like real oldschool. ::)
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Capt. Farhan » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:59 am

you people are saying right me also play it like a real world....not like an ordinary game...but i only love to play sim when all the settings are maxed out..to enjoy its maximum...and i do hours of flying sitting in front of my monitor.....but the prices of GPUs as we can see are too much expensive to beer by a middle class family....dont u people think so.....
Capt. Farhan
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby flyboy 28 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:03 pm

I do play it like in the real world. I do lots of my training in it.
flyboy 28
Colonel
Colonel

Postby BAW0343 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:10 pm

i think you guys are worring a little to much. Its still a year away so the most expensive grapic card now will become cheeper  and for atleast good effects the computer you would need will be cheeper by then.  I also expect you can still play the game with lower effects and it will still be a GREAT game. I'm 16 and i finally got a job and after i get my car i wil be savwing up for an alienware laptop  by then (if i save right) i should be able to afford it.  also i am willing to bet by then there will be a HD with a terabite of memory   not really nessasary for a flight sim but sicine you were talking about tecnology i thought i would say that  ;)  and with any other thing with FSx we will just have to wait and see
Image Image
BAW0343
Major
Major

Postby A/SGT.Mav316 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:20 pm

In my opinion anyone can acquire what they truly desire. Although rich people can snap their finger and whatever they want is theirs instantly. People less fortunate can have what they desire, if you work and collect a salary or do other things (illegal) to acquire what you desire.

I don't beleive M$ caters to the wants of rich people or technology only the rich can acquire. M$ caters to the wants of enthusiasts and fans of the series. You as the consumer are being giving what you desire, they only bank off your desire to pay for what you want.

I bought a $3,000.00 ultimate gaming ring. I don't have money like that! It took me a whole year paying off my credit card bill to keep it. I worked for my rig and so can you! Invest in the future games to come and not on what is currently available. I wasted $1,500 on a pc I thought was the #@$@ when I first bought it and it was absolete in 3 years because of the developement.

The current machine I have won't be obsolete for about the next 5 years, I have owned for about 3 years now! I can just about play any kind of game on it. It is called staying ahead of the industry while you can!

There is no such thing as catering to the rich, it is catering to what the consumer desires and getting rich off them!
Last edited by A/SGT.Mav316 on Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its only in your mind, strong mind, strong soul and nobody can take that from you!
A/SGT.Mav316
Major
Major

Postby Delta_ » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:24 pm

I'm gonna be looking at building a rig costing
Delta_
Major
Major

Postby ozzy72 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:27 pm

Come on guys by this time next year most of us will have upgraded to some suitable rig! I can remember when the first 1Gb HD appeared and everyone was amazed and didn't think it'd be possible to fill it ::)
Remember Moores Law children ;)
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby A/SGT.Mav316 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:33 pm

[quote]I'm gonna be looking at building a rig costing
Its only in your mind, strong mind, strong soul and nobody can take that from you!
A/SGT.Mav316
Major
Major

Postby Souichiro » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:37 pm

Come on guys by this time next year most of us will have upgraded to some suitable rig! I can remember when the first 1Gb HD appeared and everyone was amazed and didn't think it'd be possible to fill it ::)

I saw an ad today for a harddrive with the amazing size of 1 TB! Terrabyte didn't expect that now...only 900 euro's ::)
Souichiro
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Delta_ » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:37 pm

More like cores law now.  The more cores the better.  ;D

My pc runs FS9 really well, but i don't think FSX will run too good.
Last edited by Delta_ on Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delta_
Major
Major

Postby AVIATION_NATION » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:32 pm

Just do what Im doing

have one comupter with Only flight sim on it.
No other games to slow it down.
then have another computer with the internet so you can download other files.  ;D

just make sure the files dont have any bugs on them before you put them into your flight sim computer
AVIATION_NATION
Ground hog
Ground hog

Next

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam