M$ targets FSX only for rich no but richest

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Re: M$ targets FSX only for rich no but richest

Postby Katahu » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:33 pm

I have a friend who already got rid of here cheap rig. If I had known about the rig and had she discussed it with me, I would have gotten it and used it exactly what AVIATION just said. But right now, I have my computer setup in the following configuration:

40GB Main Internal HD - Other Programs

$100 80GB External HD - For FS9 [will be removed when FSX comes out].

$140 250GB External HD - For X-Plane v8.21

As you can see, I have seperated the sims from the main computer drive so that I can save space for the main HD. The rest of what's in the main drive is just tools for developing my projects. Nothing more.
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby ctjoyce » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:29 pm

Well what I plan to do is get a few last upgrades for Sheila (X1800XL, SoundBlaster X-Fi, New processer possably conroe) to use until DX10 comes out when I plan to build a completely new rig. And for the new rig im thinking Quad SLI ;D

Cheers
Cameron
CTJoyce, Modding and voiding warranties since 2003
Sheila's Specs:ASUS Striker Extreme 680i, Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.2Ghz, Corsair XMS2 PC2-6400C4 2GB, 2x eVGA 7900GT KO,  Western Digital 80GB SATA & 250GB SATAIII
[b]Vesp
ctjoyce
Major
Major

Postby A/SGT.Mav316 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:19 pm

[quote]Just do what Im doing

have one comupter with Only flight sim on it.
No other games to slow it down.
then have another computer with the internet so you can download other files.
Its only in your mind, strong mind, strong soul and nobody can take that from you!
A/SGT.Mav316
Major
Major

Postby Chris_F » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:05 pm

Dont u think that microsoft is targeting the fsX only for rich people because with limited system that 90% of the people have, cant enjoy the simulation at its fullest....what u people say...they can enjoy only improvement in ATC and flight dynamics but not in the world of scenery..like me i am also worried about upgrading my system...form 1 GB ram to 2 GB and Geforce 6600 256mb to geforce 7800 512mb...

When is the last time a new computer game came out that would run well on a year old system?  Computer games ALWAYS, ALWAYS push the limits of the available (or nearly available) technology.  Why should FSX be any different?
Chris_F
Major
Major

Postby Chris_F » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:09 pm

Speaking of classics, I managed to pull out FS95 from the dusty confines of my drawers. It was the first sim I ever got in my lifetime. Back in the days, it's graphics were outstanding. But now, seeing FSX makes my FS95 look like real oldschool. ::)

My first sim was Microsoft Flight Simulator, before they had enough versions to start using numbers like "2.0".  Chicago was just a coastal outline between two shades of grey with wire frame buildings.  Meigs was just lines on the "land' color of gray.

Yeah, flight sims and the computers which run them have come a long, long way.  MSFS 4.0 was SOOO COOL.  Clouds.  Actualy clouds.  Granted there were just big floating spheres, but they were clouds!
Chris_F
Major
Major

Postby richardd43 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:11 am

As a builder I keep my computer fairly up to date but walking through a computer store the other day I saw some really nice computers that rival mine for up to date goodies and they all were very capable of running FSX and at a cheaper price than I spent building mine.

When Vista comes out the new computers will all be running it as they did XP when it came out.

I plan on buying Vista when it comes out and will take the upgrades as they come.
Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
Intel I7 3770K w/ Corsair H100
Thermaltake Level 10 GT
Silverstone 1000W PSU
richardd43
Captain
Captain

Postby elite marksman » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:47 pm

Ill be gettin a job soon, but no new rig for a while. Long while. Exchange trip in June, car by this time next year (really just 4 wheels and a motor, seats and steering wheel are optional), College in 2 years, Then at least 8 years (probably life)  in the service. I need to win the lottery. ;D I think I'll just stick with FS9 for awhile. Graphics are really good, even on my 3-4 year old rig, was a year to two out of date when I got it too. Only minor upgrades, ATI 9200, 512 more RAM, 120GB hd.

No company makes a product to sell only to the rich. They make products to sell to anyone who can afford them, which is most of the time, the rich, but not always. My 84 year old grandfather wanted a new boat, he doesn't have any money in the bank, he lived through the depression and doesn't trust them. He wanted to buy a 30' pleasaure cruiser, he had nowhere near the money to do it. He went out, got recertified as a barber and worked his butt off. Now, 3 years later, hes got a forty footer sitting at my uncles dock in Florida.
Last edited by elite marksman on Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elite marksman
Captain
Captain

Postby Katahu » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:12 pm

My 84 year old grandfather wanted a new boat, he doesn't have any money in the bank, he lived through the depression and doesn't trust them. He wanted to buy a 30' pleasaure cruiser, he had nowhere near the money to do it. He went out, got recertified as a barber and worked his butt off. Now, 3 years later, hes got a forty footer sitting at my uncles dock in Florida.

Now that's dedication.
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby BFMF » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:33 pm

No company makes a product to sell only to the rich

Tell that to the Lamborghini or Ferrari car companies ;)
Last edited by BFMF on Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby elite marksman » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:14 pm

No, they make those cars to sell to anyone who can afford them. I'm sure you could take out a second mortgage on your house, and how much houses cost these days, that can easily be enough to buy you a nice car.
elite marksman
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam