Release date?

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Release date?

Postby expat » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:39 am

Q: When will FSX be available?
A: We are working hard to deliver FSX in the holiday 2006 timeframe.

Can some kind sole translate this into European please. Here in Europe we have many holidays, but mainly:
Easter
Summer
Christmas
Which one must we potentialy wait for ??? ???

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Release date?

Postby Souichiro » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:51 am

Me thinks Summer.. The holiday season is usually Summer holidays
Souichiro
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby expat » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:00 am

Thank you :)

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby microlight » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:03 am

Wow - this forum didn't take long to get off the ground!!

;)
microlight
Major
Major

Postby dave3cu » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:10 am

In the US the 'holiday season' generally refers to Thanksgiving Day thru New Years Day. So between Thanksgiving (Nov. 23 this year) and Christmas would be my guess. In time for the Christmas shopping spree.

With the release date of Vista refered to as '12 months, plus', in last nights CES keynote presentation, and many of the FSX improvements apparently tied to the Vista/DirectX graphics engine, I wonder.........?

Dave

Bill Gates' CES keynote:
Last edited by dave3cu on Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby SaVas » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:27 am

I would have to agree that we are looking at another year before FSX is released, which honestly is fine by me.

When it is released, I hope by then to have my car paid off, some of my debt down from not having a job this past year for 5 months, and the ability to buy a state of the art computer to run it.

Im not going to even attempt running it until I can get a computer that will handle it the way I want...otherwise I would probably be let down, like Im sure so many will be that are vocal with their whines
My life is like the movie Office Space
SaVas
Major
Major

Postby TSC. » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:46 am

Maybe they are refering to my  holiday - which I haven't booked yet - so I can't really help much at the moment

Rest assured, this funky new FSX forum shall be the first place I visit when I get back from the travel agents.

But don't hold your breath guys............................

(I'm skint)

;D

TSC.

'Only two things are infinite.......The Universe and Human stupidity........and I'm not too sure about the Universe' - Einstein
TSC.
Major
Major

Postby Alphajet_Enthusiast » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:00 am

I want FSX today, this minute, but I know that it wont be released untill summer... I hope Microsoft can prove me wrong...  :P :)
Macbook Pro | Nvidia Geforce 8600M GT | 2GB Ram | 2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | Mac OSX 10.5 Leopard
Alphajet_Enthusiast
Major
Major

Postby The_Joker_Flyer » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:07 pm

Damn that suks... i mean i got FS9 in the end of 2003, just after X-mas, and now i gotta wait till mid 2006 to get FSX  ::) ::) ::)

^Bigbunny^

The_Joker_Flyer
The_Joker_Flyer
Major
Major

Postby commoner » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:37 am

I want FSX today..............

....LOL....you know, that is really everybody's thought, deep down..............but how ironic, we all hate M$ with a passion (don't we?) and yet we can't contain ourselves 'till we get our grubby little mitts on their latest FS offering.........makes yer wonder..........commoner
::) ;D

..Oh and my holiday period as a "senior citizen" is 1st Jan. to 31st December.....so it could be released at anytime ....... ;)
Image"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is."
commoner
Major
Major

Postby legoalex2000 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:52 am

man, holiday 2006... i dont wanna grow up!!! ::)

:)Ramos
legoalex2000

Postby Craig. » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:11 am

according to the MS video James posted, it could be another year from when that show happend so expect december to march next year.
Craig.
Colonel
Colonel

Postby richardd43 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:24 pm

I would think MS will want to wait until everyone has Vista up and running before bringing out a program that relies heavily on the system.

If they came out together and there was a glitch with Vista and the sim did not work correctly I am sure it would hurt future sales (because we would all be bitching about it in here).

They will sell just as many copies of FSX no matter when it comes out, so am sure they are in no real hurry.
Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
Intel I7 3770K w/ Corsair H100
Thermaltake Level 10 GT
Silverstone 1000W PSU
richardd43
Captain
Captain

Postby Katahu » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:36 pm

If most of the features of FSX rely on Vista, then FSX MUST wait for about a year so that M$ can sort out as many bugs as possible. Remember, Vista is new engine in itself. So, used in conjunction with FSX, the new sim might actually do better than its predecessors because it will take full advantage of what Vista can offer.
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Felix/FFDS » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:55 pm

From what I've read, FS-X is being built to *take advantage * of Vista, but the VISTA OS is NOT required to run FS-X

I would expect FS-X to be available 4th QTR 2006, to take advantage of the Christmas Shopping Season...
Felix/FFDS
Felix/FFDS
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam