well then be glad cause if i'm right, the review said that there would be

like u said
Proud iPod Touch Owner, 1.5 Hours Real World Piloting Time
Radopilot
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: What FS-X WILL NOT Include!!!

Postby Katahu » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:11 pm

I was reading a review of this from PC Pilot. they are saying that there will be vehicles in this FS world. i wouldn't say that to fast. on that we need to wait and see  ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if M$ did impliment that to FS. If you look at the screenshots, one of them clearly shows cars and trucks on the improved roadways. However, no one knows if they move like AI or not. Well, maybe not like AI, most likely macro based. I've seen one scenery addon that used macro for animated car traffic. I think I found it at AvSim. I'm not sure if it was for FS2k2 or FS9.
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby JBaymore » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:40 pm

I've seen one scenery addon that used macro for animated car traffic. .

I have one of those installed.  It has a verry busy road just under the approach path to the single runway.  It is an island airport if I remember correctly.

The visual impact of that stream of cars as you are son short final is AMAZING!!!  It changes everything.

best,

......john
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Radopilot » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:53 pm

looks like im on the money!  8)
Proud iPod Touch Owner, 1.5 Hours Real World Piloting Time
Radopilot
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby GunnerMan » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:22 pm

M$ is prolly reading this post going "ook at this list of thinks they are not expecting. That means we wont worry about including them."  ;D
GunnerMan
Major
Major

Postby ashaman » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:27 am

M$ is prolly reading this post going "ook at this list of thinks they are not expecting. That means we wont worry about including them."  ;D

Was this true it would mean they'd somewhat care about what we think.

Past experiences tell me it doesn't work that way with them. :-/
There's but one real cure for human stupidity. It's called DEATH.

At the moment mourning the assassination of sarcasm and irony for the good of the "higher".

Proud FSIX user. Active user of FS98, X-plane and novic
ashaman
Major
Major

Postby Omag 2.0 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:55 am

FSX won't include sex, drugs and Rock&roll! We'll have to include it ourself... again... when will they learn... they need Fozzer on the design team...  ;D
[center]

Check my aviation-photo's at www.airliners.be

Or go straight to Omag's Album[/cent
Omag 2.0
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Felix/FFDS » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:37 am

Was this true it would mean they'd somewhat care about what we think.

Past experiences tell me it doesn't work that way with them. :-/

You'd be surprised.   I was surprised to see the FFDS site linked to from one of the tech bloggers from Microsoft.  There has been at least one Simviation tutorial linked to/mentioned by the Microsoft tech bloggers

That they cannot answer/reveal (in detail) what they're really considering or not, and where they get the ideas from, is another matter.

We have all seen how Microsoft has re-emphasized the fact that they are committed to supporting 3rd party content providers.  This allows them to concentrate on the basics+enhancements, instead of having to provide the details (cover all periods and types of planes, etc)
Felix/FFDS
Felix/FFDS
Administrator
Administrator

Postby expat » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:45 am

I think we are getting a bit ahead of ourselves here. How often has MicroSoft given details about a piece of software only to have it "changed" at the last minute.  The promises that where bantered about for XP made the mouth water!! In comparison FSX, I would think is a relativly simple  program (I may be wrong, I await the corrections that I am sure will come.).  It will be very interesting to look back at what has been posted here a few days after the release of FSX and compare what was said and what we get..  Remember, MS said no more Blue Screen of Death with XP.............had it 3 times last week.

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Previous

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam