Bird-strikes

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Re: Bird-strikes

Postby Radopilot » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:24 pm

By the way yes i just registered today everyone so hello. Now what would be even funnier is if you get a WWII fighter (P-51 preferably) and blast 'em out of the sky as some people have suggested. But then again if I were to do that the birds would be burning  ;D

Cheers
Juan
Proud iPod Touch Owner, 1.5 Hours Real World Piloting Time
Radopilot
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Falcon500 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:33 am

hitting a few pigeons and geese aint that bad just dont hit any swans ;)
What do I do you ask? I struggle! Then destroy! Then try to put back together what I just broke on accident.....

The GMax effect[img]http://ww
Falcon500
Major
Major

Postby F-16Viper » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:25 am

hitting a few pigeons and geese aint that bad just dont hit any swans ;)

yeah, there nasty ;D

Civil Air Patrol Member since July 2005
C/CMSgt       www.cap.gov
F-16Viper
Major
Major

Postby Katahu » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:41 pm

Hmm... roast bird. *gargle-drool*
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby expat » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:12 pm

Hmm... roast bird. *gargle-drool*

I think you will find, more freeze dried that roast..........Beef Jerky ;D
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby JBaymore » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:09 pm

Well,...... I really don't think bird strikes will cause any improvement on anything related to the upcoming FS X.  I mean what would that kind of thing really do for us simmers?  

And what the heck do the birds want anyway?  More worms?  Not having to get up at sunrise to make all that racket chirping away?  I mean... the birds don't really have to even do the flying...... us sim pilots do that.  And they aren't writing the code.

Heck... I bet that if every bird in the existing fs2004 sim walked out tomorrow morning, that the flights would just continue on as normal and no one would really notice at all.  What makes them think that FS X will be any different?

What do they think they will accomplish?  It's not going to get them any concessions out of Microsoft.  Waste of time.

;D .............. john
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GunnerMan » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:23 pm

Well John there are no birds in FS2004 so I guess flights do go on as usuall. I highly doubt they will include strikes. Like you said would require teremendous amount of code to have the animations and the effect of bird and plane be right according to point of impact. Then they would need to do this for every bird and every plane. Then any ad on devs would need to code it into their plane so the birds have an effect.  A lot of work for a quite unlikely thing to happen.  It would be cool but I think the devs time is better spent elsewhere.
GunnerMan
Major
Major

Previous

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam