PREVIEW OF FSX (10)

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Re: PREVIEW OF FSX (10)

Postby Triple_7 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:46 pm

Triple_7, can't understand how you got such low performance with your system specs. Most of it is better than mine and that's the sort of fps' that I get sometimes and I don't even have a graphics card!

I wish i understood it as well...Ive been told its anything from the proccessor to the PCI graphics.  Its a mystery really...Then again this computer is also on its 4th or 5th hardrive already ::)  Doesnt make any sence...As I've already mentioned...starting to collect parts for a new system...Hoping to get it done before June but depending on money it could take a lot longer :P  I just hope I can sell off most of my old computer junk.  I dont need any of it and yet i dont want to just GIVE it away ::)  (Sorry people but I paid $75 for this brand new...still practicaly new...and no lady, i will NOT sell it to you for a buck :-X )

Still one of those, want, but out of reach type deals :-[
Triple_7

Postby Katahu » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:39 pm

Damn you guys.. why are you guys all so negative 'bout it all  ???  "Oh the water textures can be better".. "it'll blow out ure computer".. "i dont get why its so great".. etc...

Think... if you guys are saying already it'lll blow ure computer, then you definately dont want any better water textures, as then the survival rate of ure computer will be even lower!!!!!   :-/ :-/ :-/

Me and Essel were just making some sarcasm. In a way, he's right. It's just too early to speculate about FSX when we know almost nothing about FSX. Besides, from this point until the release date, all we will ever do is just spaculate [which gets us to nowhere].

I'm not being negative at all. I like the FS series so much, I will buy a new release the moment it hits the shelves [regardless of the price]. In fact, I even have a seperate external hard drive dedicated to it. I am also willing to upgrade for any new version [just as long as I have enough money in the bank]. ;D
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby BFMF » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:51 pm

[just as long as I have enough money in the bank]. ;D

Have you tried bugging your *squad leader for your promotion? ;D ;)

*I'm not very familiar with the Air Force chain of command, but for me, my squad leader is my immediate supervisor.
Last edited by BFMF on Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Katahu » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:50 pm

I'll be promoted soon anyways. ;D

BTW, my supervisor is simply called NCOIC. He's a Master Sargeant Select. 8)
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby BFMF » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:00 pm

NCOIC stands for 'Non-Commisioned Officer In Charge', atleast in the Army ;)
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Gary R. » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:15 am

Well guys, I am going to do the best I can to trade up my 32 bit gear for 64 bit gear before Vista comes out and totally obsoletes my 32 bit gear.  I need to trade up while I can still get enough value on my current stuff to make my cash outlay reduced for the new 64 bit stuff.  After Vista comes out, I might as well keep my current system as is and just go buy a completely new one.  
AMD 2800xp on gigabyte vt600l k7 triton overclocked @ 2.3 ghz, 768 PC 3200, 128 DDR 6600GT AGP, 60 gig,5200 rpm maxtor, 160gig 7200rpm WD, Sony FD Trinitron 19
Gary R.
Captain
Captain

Postby Roberto » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:21 am

I don't think it'll be anything special. Regarding the screenshot, people said, good coastline, good textures, ...
you get a lot better than that in FS9, and that shot was most probably  taken somewhere where the texture has been made good like close to NY, or London or Meigs. As soon as you fly a little bit further, ...? - WHAT ABOUT THE WHOLE OF EUROPE, or AFRICA!

And that crap about rivets. Who in the hell wants to see every little rivet. You're nuts!!

And with all the addons for FS9, it cant be better, even the default boeings are crap. They're just adding more planes (Airbus) with crappy panels and you'll end up having to look for better ones anyway!

Anyway, Not worth buying a new system, that I'd need to take a loan from the bank to buy!
Roberto
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Radopilot » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:40 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEENNNNNN!!!!!!!!!! :o  ;D :o  ;D 8)
Proud iPod Touch Owner, 1.5 Hours Real World Piloting Time
Radopilot
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Katahu » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:05 pm

I don't think it'll be anything special. Regarding the screenshot, people said, good coastline, good textures, ...
you get a lot better than that in FS9, and that shot was most probably  taken somewhere where the texture has been made good like close to NY, or London or Meigs. As soon as you fly a little bit further, ...? - WHAT ABOUT THE WHOLE OF EUROPE, or AFRICA!

And that crap about rivets. Who in the hell wants to see every little rivet. You're nuts!!

And with all the addons for FS9, it cant be better, even the default boeings are crap. They're just adding more planes (Airbus) with crappy panels and you'll end up having to look for better ones anyway!

Anyway, Not worth buying a new system, that I'd need to take a loan from the bank to buy!

Those of you who talk like that don't usually see the big picture. Are you forgetting that M$ provides the shell while the addon developers provide the cool stuff that expands the sim? Hell, we managed to make Google Earth display flight plans made in FS. In fact, making new addons that make the sim better and better is a never-ending cycle.

FS95 was considered the best sim. Then came FS98 and FS2000, and FS2002 and finally FS9. Each newer version ending up to be more better than the last. What makes you think that FSX won't be better? What makes you think that the rivets are there just for show? Addon developers can greatly benefit from that feature as did many addons that took advantage of the rain drops that appeared on the DVCs of FS9. Once FSX is released, I bet you $10 that us addon developers will provide you with addons [using FSX's new features] that will make FS9 look like old school. ;D Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if we came up with a tool that better and more fun than FLIPS*.

*FLIPS: A tool that uses FS to make flight plans, which are then transfered to Google Earth for dislaying them in 3D.
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Radopilot » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:26 pm

i know exactly what your talking about. especially because of the fact ive got 200+ aircraft added onto my fs
Proud iPod Touch Owner, 1.5 Hours Real World Piloting Time
Radopilot
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam