PREVIEW OF FSX (10)

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Re: PREVIEW OF FSX (10)

Postby expat » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:36 am

Locke you dont have to upgrade your computer every 6 months nay, If you built 1 top of the line comp you could get a year and a half of really good performance

A year and a half from a computer...............I must introduce you all to  Mrs.The-Ex-Pat and let you know her point of view as to how long a computer should last. If she had her way, I would still be on a 286.
"Why do you need a new monitor, that one is just fine"
"Yes dear, but it is green".
"And that keyboard has full function".
"Again I know, but when you press the keys, the click is keeping the neighbors awake".
"Also a sound card and speakers, you have a perfectly good little speaker in the computer at the front".
"Yes, yes I know, but with this new computer I can run FS9 with full resolution, with real cloud effects and dynamic scenary, that means other aircraft flying with me. Also a real shimmer effect on the water. I can fly CAT III ILS approaches in near zero visibility too".

And she says....................,"YOU ARE SO SAD"

Anyone else have to put up with this??

Matt
Last edited by expat on Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby flwpheonix » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:49 am

YES! But try to do it with the wife speaking 2 languages :(
The Autobahn ghost....the closest thing to flying without a pilots license.
Best 1/4 mile....13.345@98MPH
1997 Saleen Mustang with a 2003 Mustang Mach 1 motor and GT body kit. Vortech Supercharged
flwpheonix
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby expat » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:16 am

YES! But try to do it with the wife speaking 2 languages :(

That I forgot to mention, I get it in two languages too. Mrs.The-Ex-Pat is from a European counrtry that has no sence of humour, but in the past a taste for visiting other peoples countries without an invite:o

Matt

Now my left ear is ringing, she was operating in stealth mode and reading all that I typed over my shoulder. :(
Last edited by expat on Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby flwpheonix » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:13 am

What a coincidence! So is mine, little or no sense of humor, especially American style, and have no speed limits on the hiways but if the tire maker says it"ll do 200 KMH in the snow before losing traction that"s what they"ll do...Oh wait....better play nice or she"ll tell her cousin not to finish putting the motor into the mustang :(
Last edited by flwpheonix on Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Autobahn ghost....the closest thing to flying without a pilots license.
Best 1/4 mile....13.345@98MPH
1997 Saleen Mustang with a 2003 Mustang Mach 1 motor and GT body kit. Vortech Supercharged
flwpheonix
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby expat » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:46 am

the tire maker says it"ll do 200 KMH in the snow

Oh yes, I know that one......But it says that I can drive at 200  KMH with my snow tyres.....Correct, but NOT IN THE SNOW!!!
And my co-worker could still not understand why his Merc was now looking like it had been run over by a tank. The luckiest people are the ones with the least common sence.

Matt

expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby simonmd » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:26 pm

.....Anyone else have to put up with this??

Matt

Ohhhh, yes!! Glad i'm not alone!;)
This months's screenshot contest entry> http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2 ... 1197692798
simonmd
Major
Major

Postby The Ruptured Duck » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:30 pm

"If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth the writing" -Ben Franklin

"Man must rise above the Earth to the top of the atmosphere and beyond, for only
The Ruptured Duck
Major
Major

Postby flyboy 28 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:56 pm

Good. Now I have more time to buy my new rig. :)
flyboy 28
Colonel
Colonel

Postby expat » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:31 am

So we now have some official information, but what is the information. The release does not really say anything except that we have a vague release date.

Lots of flowery wording:... beautifully rich and immersive 3D world for aviation fans, young and old, to explore and experience, the new enhancements will be amazed at the new level of detail in the models and the realistic effects like sun glint off the glass and chrome, reflective paint, and even shaded rivets on the fuselage.....
So we have reflective glass and chrome and shaded rivets. Nothing about air and ground graphics, effects, ATC and weather or the aircraft that may come as standard. Thought I have to say, that some of the screen shots do make my mouth water. Fields and trees that do look very good.
Another vague point, was what we as users will require computer wise. Sorry, but if you have a product that is getting towards a release, then you know full well what will be needed to run it, or very close to it.

Also, it would appear that a few people need to muffle a sorry or two to the guys who posted just what seems to be now in the official release and was shot down each time that they posted. So in a nut shell, nothing more in this release that has already been posted in the forums.  Typical vague MS press release.

Matt (After the screen shots, now looking forward to the release and giving my wife puppy dog eyes on a daily basis)

expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby cleobis » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:13 am

Thought I have to say, that some of the screen shots do make my mouth water. Fields and trees that do look very good.  

So....where can I find screenshots...until now I only saw the one from the pcgamer article...

any help?

thks

edit:

Forget what I asked...hehe..I just found the m$ thingy in simviation frontpage ::) ;D
Last edited by cleobis on Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
*** For
cleobis
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby cleobis » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:45 am

Well, after seing the screenshots, I must say that I think we all overreacted!

The Sim is really nice and the overall feeling is much more real, BUT, I don't think that the graphics improvments will be that big that will oblige everyone to get new computers...

the one thing that can cut my fps in half in fs9 is the 3d clouds.

with them on I get around 30fps, with them out I get 50-60 fps.

So I imagine this is probably the heaviest thing in terms of graphics, but by the FSX screenshots, the clouds seem preaty much the same...so I don't thik there will be a substantial change in that area, wich is fine by me, cause I think fs9 clouds are great.

So....

I hope it comes soon, I I think that it will run ok in most of todays medium+ sistems.

cheers
*** For
cleobis
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby The_Joker_Flyer » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:54 pm

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

(too many posts, so wont be bothered to read e'm all, smileys will do) ;)

^Bigbunny^

The_Joker_Flyer
The_Joker_Flyer
Major
Major

Postby The_Joker_Flyer » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:00 pm

C'mon, they've even got the clouds reflecting in the water  :o :o :o  ;D

^Bigbunny^

The_Joker_Flyer
The_Joker_Flyer
Major
Major

Postby simonmd » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:05 pm

Screens do look impressive and I particularly like the 'new' reflections. The water looks good and the shot with the 747 on a wet runway is awsome!

BUT are they 'true' reflections though? I mean, if I park a 737 in United colours on a wet gate, will the reflection be of that AC in those colours? Are the 'reflected' clouds on the water actualy true mirror images of the sky above or are they just more random clouds put there to look like a reflection?
This months's screenshot contest entry> http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2 ... 1197692798
simonmd
Major
Major

Postby cleobis » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:49 pm

C'mon, they've even got the clouds reflecting in the water

Even so...I was expecting a much igher improvment.

I mean, I don't think that the graphics are HL2 standard...wuich by no means is a bad thing, they are really nice, just not top notch...

again, this is fine, cause we'll get a better looking sim without having to get new cimputers, and also it may mean that they spent more time in other stuf...physics, etc!

cheers
*** For
cleobis
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam