What does FSX tell us about CFS4?

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Re: What does FSX tell us about CFS4?

Postby Souichiro » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:07 pm

Maybe the CFS series isn't very interesting for Microsoft to do. If you look at the NAme Combat Flightsimulator alone I see some problems. As Hagar said a part of Flightsim folks will look down on it because they think it's Just a game.  Now there are Gamers/People who don't want a Simulator. They want a game. They might think that CFS is too much fiddling with the planes and Too little action in Flying. We all know that that isn't so but they don't And If the Flightsim folks look down on it and the regular folks don't want a sim......Then who is left to buy it? + For the flightsim folks that DO buy the game..They expect Compatability with Flightsim itself and stuff like that. If Microsoft would launch a entirely different  Flight/Combat game you would have less people expecting it to be compatible with fs and all that stuff. + people looking for a flying game will buy it quicker. So maybe that is what Microsoft will do. Launch a game under an entirely different title, completely different from FS itself.

But that is just a guess. They might Buy a developer like Ubisoft and Launch such titles under their names.

Just all guesswork
Souichiro
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:10 pm

But that is just a guess. They might Buy a developer like Ubisoft and Launch such titles under their names.

Just all guesswork

That would cause a fantastic riot over at Ubi-zoo. ;D ;D
Woodlouse2002 PITA and BAR!!!!!!!!

Our Sovereign Lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains c
Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby GunnerMan » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:37 pm

Its sad there will be no CFS4.  :( IL2:FB is fun but it lacks the atmosphere cfs3 has. When I fly cfs3 I can get a feeling I am in the war, IL2 dose not have that element for me. Don't know why no one likes the cfs3 engine, people say it is riddled with bugs but I cant say I know of one, but im not lookin either...
GunnerMan
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:19 am

Don't know why no one likes the cfs3 engine, people say it is riddled with bugs but I cant say I know of one, but im not lookin either...

I think this depends on whether you're used to the old CFS format based on FS. CFS3 broke away from that which logically FS will be forced to do to incorporate any major improvements. IMHO
There's only so much that can be done to update an existing program while retaining compatibility with addons for earlier versions
Last edited by Hagar on Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Previous

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam