MICRSOFT OFFICIAL WEBSITE!

FSX including FSX Steam version.

MICRSOFT OFFICIAL WEBSITE!

Postby Jakemaster » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:12 pm

ON the FSinsider website, there is more info and some more screenshots.  The screenshots are AMAZING!  Different from what weve seen, these screenshots alone seem to make the game worth buying!

LOOKY LOOKY!
Jakemaster

Re: MICRSOFT OFFICIAL WEBSITE!

Postby ThatOnePerson » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:16 pm

Looks great,i know whats on the top of my christmas list

"Float like Pissed-Off Butterfly, Sting like Bad-Ass Bee."
ThatOnePerson
Major
Major

Postby JBaymore » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:25 pm

Hummmmmmmm...........

Maybe I was expecting a LOT out of a new version...............  but to me those official shots don't look all that different from what I already see in fs2004 with the addition of some payware landclass, textures, and roads and such.

Will this new version be a step up or a leap up?

The one shot there that is intriguing visually is the one with the seaplane... with the seeming water reflections of the plane.  But the background images like the ship don't seem to reflect...... just the plane.

If the flock of brids in the background are each flying independently....... that would be pretty interesting.    

Guess we'll see in about a year............

best,

....john

PS:  Wonder how many posts will be in this forum BEFORE the program is released?   ;D
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ecko » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:48 pm

:o :o NICE!!! But I wanna see some VC shots!
Last edited by Ecko on Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ecko
Major
Major

Postby simonmd » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:00 pm

I have to aggree with JBaymore. The only thing that really caught my eye was the birds, just adds a nice bit of atmosphere. As for the rest, i've seen as good, if not better, in our own screenshot section.
This months's screenshot contest entry> http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2 ... 1197692798
simonmd
Major
Major

Postby Katahu » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:02 pm

Hummmmmmmm...........

Maybe I was expecting a LOT out of a new version...............  but to me those official shots don't look all that different from what I already see in fs2004 with the addition of some payware landclass, textures, and roads and such.

Will this new version be a step up or a leap up?

The one shot there that is intriguing visually is the one with the seaplane... with the seeming water reflections of the plane.  But the background images like the ship don't seem to reflect...... just the plane.

If the flock of brids in the background are each flying independently....... that would be pretty interesting.    

Guess we'll see in about a year............

best,

....john

PS:  Wonder how many posts will be in this forum BEFORE the program is released?   ;D

IMO, the real improvement are the following added features:

1. Sun glare from the aircraft surfaces.
2. More accurate roads features [double lanes going uphill and downhill gently].
3. Bump Textures are now rendered [this makes things better for addon developers].
4. Reflections of the scenery are seen on the shores.

Am I the only one that noticed the roads? Those new roads can soon bring a whole new level of realism for those of us who are stuck to the ground every now and then. ;D

I have to aggree with JBaymore. The only thing that really caught my eye was the birds, just adds a nice bit of atmosphere. As for the rest, i've seen as good, if not better, in our own screenshot section.

I doubt that. I doubt any of us were even capable of rendering bumped textures in addons made for FS9. FS9 doesn't support that. Neither does it support sun glares and wet runways.
Last edited by Katahu on Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby F-16Viper » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:02 pm

thats... thats... thats AIRmazing!!! :o :o :o

Civil Air Patrol Member since July 2005
C/CMSgt       www.cap.gov
F-16Viper
Major
Major

Postby Black ZR-1 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:05 pm

From what I saw in the video, there's nothing really new in FS10 other than new Directx 10 features.  FS has been using the same engine since FS2002 (born from CFS 2) for almost 5 years now.  When I heard FS10 was coming out I was expecting they would of started on a new engine by then.

All I see in the screenshots is nothing that FS9 doesn't already have.  Think of FS10 as the best 3rd party programs on the market, mashed into one with new Directx 10 effects.  Traffic, moving jetways, birds, land mesh, you can all those right now and make it into FS10, just without the new Directx10 settings like reflections, sun glare, lighting, etc.
i7 920
evga x58
6 gigs ddr3 1600 tripple channel
hd 5870 xfire
pcp@c silencer quad 750
3x dell u2410
Black ZR-1
Captain
Captain

Postby Katahu » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:11 pm

From what I saw in the video, there's nothing really new in FS10 other than new Directx 10 features.  FS has been using the same engine since FS2002 (born from CFS 2) for almost 5 years now.  When I heard FS10 was coming out I was expecting they would of started on a new engine by then.

All I see in the screenshots is nothing that FS9 doesn't already have.  Think of FS10 as the best 3rd party programs on the market, mashed into one with new Directx 10 effects.  Traffic, moving jetways, birds, land mesh, you can all those right now and make it into FS10, just without the new Directx10 settings like reflections, sun glare, lighting, etc.

You know, most of us prefer to keep the old engine. Especially us addon developers because we are familiar and confortable with it. If M$ ever did change it, then it would probably be about a year before a half-decent addon for FSX ever came out. Besides, most of us cherish the idea of backwards compatibility so that we don't have to wait for addons.

In conclusion, that old-style and traditional game engine is here to stay [M$ learned that lesson with CFS3].
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Jakemaster » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:47 pm

Yes.  The engine is good, they dont need to change it.  If you saw the video preview, it seems like they have improved heli flight dynamics.  From what we see, its the same as always:MS gives us a base, we add on to it.  This time, the base has some great stuff.

And Katahu, I noticed the roads, they are AMAZING
Jakemaster

Postby cloud9 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:30 pm

#1  :o :o :o :o :o
[center]Image
My system
: Antec 900 : Intel Q6600 OC'd 3.0 GHz : 680i : 512 MB Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS : 4 GB 800MHz DDR2 : 250 GB HD : OCZ 600W : Vista x64 : Thermaltake 120 :[/c
cloud9
Major
Major

Postby Gunny04 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:37 pm

Its Different engine I think, Mesh is different and Autogen, FS9 Doesnt come even close, even with payware..... So I wouldnt be complaining its the same old AND They have another year almost, QUIT WHINING AND WAIT FOR ITS RELEASE!!!!!!! its bound to be much better, from What I see I'd die to play it..... Now if you wanna complain about it not changing, go fly a kite and take a hike and never touch another MS Flightsim product, gets tiring to See people complaining about something only shown in like 20 screenshots a year before release!!! Rant over....... Now, I am going to marvel at this achievement! Cheers, Gunny
AMD athlon 3800 Venice Socket 939 64 bit at 2.4Ghz, 6100K8MA-RS Foxconn Motherboard, 1gb (2X512) OCZ Platinum PC3200 Ram, EVGA 8800GTS 640MB OC, 500 Watt NZXT psu, and Windows Vista Ultimate Total hard drive space 530gb
Gunny04
Major
Major

Postby SkyNoz » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:55 pm

I'm very impressed with the level of detail found in the autogen+airports and aircraft, what more can you ask for. I just wanted to see a large improvement in Air Dynamcis, scenery, Multiplayer, etc, and in FSX that's what I'm seeing. I just hope my Stock nividia 5500FX will run it without any probs. ;) ;D ;D
Project Kfir!
My Gmax page
Aircraft modeler/Aircarft painter

Aye the key!
[GeneralEngineData]
//0=Piston, 1=Jet, 2=N
SkyNoz
Major
Major

Postby GunnerMan » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:15 pm

I agree with with Gunny, everyone is comparing it to their modded out FS9, well your modded out fs9 will look like completley utter dog sh... when someone post their screens of their modded out fs10.

You need to compare Stock FS9 to an Unfinished FS10. If you still think it looks the same then I guess you don't have an eye for graphics. Anyway the textures I have seen in those screenshots look better then any payware I have seen.

This flightsim will be dx10 and 64bit compatible, these are two very powerfull platforms for this game to run on and you can not judge a game by 20 or so screenshots there is so much we can not see. We can't see flight dynamics, weather, Ai movement.

The major improvements I see over FS9 are:
Better Terrain mesh. if they redid this throughout the world that would have taken some time.

Real time reflections on water, aircraft, and asphalt.

Highly improved textures and autogen that will rival even the best of payware aircraft for fs9

Improved sky lighting and blending, no jagged color changes.

Seemingly dynamic clouds with whisp effects etc.

This has been
Last edited by GunnerMan on Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GunnerMan
Major
Major

Postby JBaymore » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:16 pm

Am I the only one that noticed the roads? Those new roads can soon bring a whole new level of realism for those of us who are stuck to the ground every now and then. .

The roads I have with a payware add on already look like that.  Better actually.

As to a fully "tricked out" version of fs9 compared to a fully "tricked out" version of fsx....... well... of course.... but I am hoping that I won't have to yet again spend all sorts of money above the cost of the new sim to get the most out if it.   ;)

Probably wishful thinking.   ;D

Microsoft is still in developemnt... so if everyone just simply "ohhs and ahhs" over the early release info........ there will be no incentive to address the stuff that matters while there is still time to address in the year they have.

best,

..............john
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam