OK let's comment on what iv'e seen so far.
- Some added effects like Overbright, sunrays, wet tarmac
- Better autogen that looks like the real world out of the box
- Still the same uphill rivers once in a while. Roads seem to fit in better though
- A B747-400 that will be changed in a B747-800
- A Seattle shot that anyone with a good landclass and coastline package already has on FS2004
- More dense autogen (not new either)
- Water that has some reflections from the scenery in it... highly needed
- An ultralight
- The result of loads of complaints from angry Australians (Ayers rock looks a little better)
- A DHC-2 beaver
OK which of these changes is really important
Birds, better water, better autogen.
What will be needed by the simmer: all the above with decent framerates... MS, start getting a realistic view on gaming and get rid of all the FS98 legacy display code that is still more dependent on CPU cycles than 3D power