Milviz P-38L redbull freeware NOW

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Milviz P-38L redbull freeware NOW

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:54 am

hello!!!

I know this can be a "controversial" thread...so I'll get to the point.
the P-38L REDUX from MILVIZ...and how to get it for free. (I know it is a model that has been FREEWARE for many years... but it has been lost for at least 1 year without being on the internet.) (and officially it IS FREEWARE still in 2024)

to consider:

-IT IS 100% FREEWARE (in fact Milviz has been offering it for free on its official website since 2016, and until early 2023 it still had a section dedicated to the model...although the link is no longer there)
(most likely assumption, Milviz could no longer continue having the Redbull brand due to copyright issues and things like that.) ... but it is still 100% freeware.

-what includes? It is a 66mb package that includes:
-1 P-38L model "CIVILIZED AND MODERNIZED" (does not include weapons or anything similar, and the VC is completely modernized)
-1 "redbull" livery
nothing else.

works on:
FSX Acceleration
FSX: Steam Edition
Prepare3d Version 2
Prepare3d Version 3

HOW TO GET IT:
Since the official MILVIZ page no longer has the dedicated SPECIFIC page for the p-38 "redbull" freeware... I decided to "travel to the past"...(with Doc Brown, Marty and his dog Einstein)

The "waybackmachine" website is a digital library of internet pages...(and most importantly) it makes complete "captures" of internet pages over the years...and in some cases it gets ALL KINDS of files INCLUDED. (it depends on how well-known and busy the page is to have more or less "captures" and greater detail and even downloadable files)
...luckily waybackmachine made a complete "capture"of the "milviz P-38L REDBULL" page (...and THE FILE!!!!)

Is waybackmachine safe?
Don't worry, it's a safe page. it actually only provides "past views" of pages YOU want. (depending on how well-known or busy the page has been in the past)

Go to the following page, scroll to the bottom and download it:
https://web.archive.org/web/20180215012 ... /index.php

hey!!!! Before you run like crazy to download it, announce it, shout it from the rooftops (on your blog, forum, social network...etc)... this piece of freeware should not be forgotten. :dance: :o

Are you bored of the "redbull" livery?... I'm almost on my way to uploading a livery that is no longer online.
https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 1&t=181939

greetings!!
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Milviz P-38L redbull freeware NOW

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:55 pm

Something important is feedback in these cases... did it work for you?
(it just so happened that someone mentioned that the fsaddon gloster gladiator Freeware model is also not online... that's why I suggested that every freeware model is online... but it seems like just a dream)
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby zswobbie1 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:57 am

Yes, I would love to get hold of the Gladiator.. :dance:
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:29 am

good morning!!
I just uploaded 2 texture packs: one HIGH RESOLUTION and one LOW RESOLUTION...

This package includes:
-1 "metal" livery (polished, shiny without marks). credits to their authors.
-1 "redbull" livery (now with letters included). credits to their authors.
-VC of gray textures.
-original textures without editing (for editing use only) (only included in the high resolution package)

DIFFERENCES:
The HIGH RESOLUTION package has all the original or modified textures in 4096x4096 resolution... it is a real ram memory (and fps) eating machine.
(I included the original texture creator file in the package, this is a "return to owner" 8-) )

the LOW RESOLUTION package has all the textures reduced to 1024x1024 (depending... in order not to leave the letters unreadable, I decided to keep in a few cases: 2048x2048).... everything was reduced: the textures, the "specular" layers, the alpha layers, the "bumps" layers...etc etc everything (including clocks, indicators, etc) (also, in many cases if the texture is barely visible -like the pilot's shoes- they were reduced to 512x512)... The result is significant ram memory savings and helps somewhat in fps.
enjoy it <<r <<q <<s
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:47 pm

I found you!!!! Did you think you were going to escape without me giving you credit?... (I finally found the creator of the texture :lol: :lol: :lol: )
credits: "Gordon "********" Madison" for the "redbull logo" texture (and almost certainly also for the "metal" texture) (uploaded by "gman5250" from simouthouse, unfortunately the file is no longer available online)
https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/ ... d-Bull-zip
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:17 pm

good afternoon... <<q <<s <<u I have some updates for these packages... (performance improvements, and a "balance" of performance and quality in textures) (in both packages)
To be clear: the HIGH RESOLUTION package... some textures will go to DDS DX5 (no longer 888-8 32 bits), because it is too excessive in terms of RAM memory usage. (you will lose slight texture image quality...but performance will be much better)
the LOW RESOLUTION package will be all DDS dx5. (if it was fast before...now you will go at the speed of light in terms of ram memory usage :lol: )
(the resolutions are not modified in any package...only the format saving quality) (DDS dx5 instead of DDS 888-8 32 bits)
(if you are worried about the loss of detail quality in the HIGH resolution version...don't worry...you will practically not notice it...you will only notice the lower use of ram memory)

....in addition to adding better REFLECTION TEXTURES. (better and lighter in RAM) :dance: :dance:

Also, (I'm going off topic) I'm going to release another texture pack for ANOTHER plane. It will come out in the week. greetings <<v
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:52 am

good morning... <<q <<s <<u
uploaded the new file v2:
NOW it is only ONE FILE which includes BOTH VERSIONS.
it is IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ THE "README" MANUAL to know how to switch from one quality to the other.

V2 CORRECTIONS AND MODIFICATIONS

===============HIGH resolution:
-ALL textures moved to DX5 ... but still keep the original size (4096x4096) (moving to dx5 helped to a DRASTIC weight reduction with almost no loss of image quality)(and lower RAM usage)
-the "reflect.dds" file was changed to a grayer one in both liveries (remove the previous bluish tone, to give emphasis to the metal)
-NEW file "cockpit03.dds" corrected some sectors that were white...now they match the grey color of the cockpit
-NEW "wheelwell.dds": wheels are now grey
-"body02.dds": in both liveries the colors of the navigation lights were changed, now they are according to the type of illumination color (before they were blue on the left...and red on the right.... NOW it is red on the left... and green on the right) (this matches the actual illumination)
metal livery:
- "body02.dds" :correction of the alpha layer: now the propeller is completely matte without gloss.
red bull livery:
-"body02.dds" : added "NO STEP" signs in external view (previously missing)
-"body02.dds" : corrected the alpha layer on the propeller, the redbull logo on the flaps, and the redbull "can" on the horizontal trim.

===============LOW resolution:
-ALL textures moved to DX5 ... but still keep the size (1024x1024... y 512X512 in some cases) (moving to dx5 helped to a DRASTIC weight reduction) (and lower RAM usage)
-ALL the modifications and corrections mentioned ABOVE (of the HIGH resolution) were also added and scaled to the LOW resolution.
-now the LOW resolution version is NOT independent... it is located in a folder inside each livery called "LOW QUALITY". this helps to have ONLY the necessary files and removes the duplicates that have NO modifications and that share both versions.
(see carefully the "install" section to know how to install the low resolution version)

HIGH RESOLUTION / LOW RESOLUTION for comparison...
the ORIGINAL high resolution version weighed more than 840MB in ram... THIS VERSION V2 weighs 690MB in ram.
the ORIGINAL low resolution version weighed more than 640MB in ram... THIS VERSION V2 weighs 560MB in ram.
all this reduction also made possible that now it is only ONE PACKAGE with the two qualities (high and low).

the high resolution version keeps the original 4096x4096 textures..and any other size textures keep their resolution.
the low resolution version textures were reduced to 1024x1024 and the original 1024x1024 textures were reduced to 512x512.
(everything was reduced: the textures, the "specular" layers, the alpha layers, the "bumps" layers... etc etc etc all)
greetings!!!! <<q <<s <<u

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:57 am

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jalesschroeder » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:22 am

Certainly, I'd be delighted to acquire the Gladiator.
Jalesschroeder
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam