Airbus a321-271NX glitch

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Airbus a321-271NX glitch

Postby Jakub03122002 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:55 am

[font=]Hi, i recently installed the aircraft above in the Wizzair Malta livery, however upon opening the aircraft in the fsx app, the aircraft lights seem to be switched up, as in where the landing gear is, there are red and blue lights, and strobe lights, and on the wings there are the landing lights. Anyone know of any fixes already in-place or suggestions as to what can be done? overall its a really good quality download.[/font]
Attachments
piccc.pptx
Pic shows the issue
(351.75 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
Jakub03122002
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Airbus a321-271NX glitch

Postby dbob0921 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:04 am

Hi Jakub03122002,

It's excellent to see that you like my repaint!

Unfortunately, I am only the creator of the repaint, and I've had nothing to do with the creation of the model or its behaviours. What I can offer, however, is a fix for the cabin lights being turned up and the strange permanent landing lights on the wing.

I had the same problem with the strobes, and I found out that it can be fixed by flipping the switch to on and then off twice.

If you want to remove the landing lights issue on the wing, delete the A321_wing_1_l and A321_wing_2_l files, which will either be in FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes/A321neo Wizz Air Malta/texture, or FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes/A321neo Wizz Air Malta/texture.WAM. If you don't want the cabin lights to be turned on, delete the A321_fuse_1_l, A321_fuse_2_l, A321_fuse_3_l, and A321_fuse_4_l files from the same two directories. If the file does not exist within one of the folders, just skip the step for that folder. Also, make sure to only delete _l files, and not _t files.

I will try to get an official fix out for this later, but for the time being, this should be good enough. I've included an image of what my Emirates A321neo looks like after following these steps, as I removed the WAM version from my PC to free up some space.

Happy New Year!

David
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”Leonardo da Vinci
dbob0921
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam