Need help, pls

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Need help, pls

Postby Thearegaven » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:10 am

Hello everybody. I am just getting into the FLIGHTSIM hobby and was wondering if REX Essential works with fsx steam and if I should even bother with it. My laptop has been swept of all bloatware and unused programs so I can maximize the Flight Sim experience for my son and I. I am running AMD a8 3500 1.5ghz quadcore processer ATI Radeon graphics and have 8 gigs of ram. Will Rex work with that or should I just buy a new tower with an I7?
Thearegaven
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Need help, pls

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:10 am

hello good morning!!
I know little about computers...but...assuming you have FSX or P3D...1.5ghz processor is not enough for fsx (fsx is known for using the processor MORE than the graphics)...but also they do have "video onboard" (not a separate graphics card) is also a problem (fps and quality). I think the solution is to improve both parts
(in my case I have a 3.4 ghz processor, and onboard video from the processor itself, I use fsx "everything at minimum" and I can't even imagine using any HD texture plugin). I hope it has helped you. greetings. <<q

(correction: there is not enough GHZ on earth to satisfy FSX, it was poorly designed and optimized, fsx steam is better but just barely.). (a powerful PC even then is not enough in many cases for fsx.)( If you plan to get a powerful PC, it would be better to think about P3D or MSFS, which are much kinder in terms of "optimized" performance.)
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Need help, pls

Postby zswobbie1 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:27 am

Thearegaven wrote:Hello everybody. I am just getting into the FLIGHTSIM hobby and was wondering if REX Essential works with fsx steam and if I should even bother with it. My laptop has been swept of all bloatware and unused programs so I can maximize the Flight Sim experience for my son and I. I am running AMD a8 3500 1.5ghz quadcore processer ATI Radeon graphics and have 8 gigs of ram. Will Rex work with that or should I just buy a new tower with an I7?

Your laptop has not enough 'juice' to run FSX or FSX Steam, and you will be very disappointed.

Try find a copy of FS2004. This will run perfectly on your laptop & although it is now about 20 years old, it is still very well supported. There are many of us still using it.
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam