freewares and an update on my projects

FSX including FSX Steam version.

freewares and an update on my projects

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:22 am

Hello!!!!!.... I'm still alive (for those who were wondering) <<v <<v
I INSISTENTLY point out to you that IRIS released freeware
(yes I know... recently someone already made a thread talking about the subject... but here I insist on models that have not yet been mentioned) (in addition to other personal issues)
https://store.irissimulations.com.au/ir ... -classics/
....in case you didn't see it on the list at:

C-27J SPARTAN (called "battlefield airlifter") (has exquisite modeling!!!!! and complex systems)
and the TEXAN DRIVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance:
I explain to you... It is NOT the original freeware t-6A (A) (the old one)..... this TEXAN DRIVER is the MODERN T-6B and C (almost 4gb of exquisite modeling and systems)

(in addition to the pretty little GA planes with garmin g1000 like the twin-engine diamond da-42, and the VERY tasty GROB 115 training) (warning... old planes from fs2002 are still on the list... (like hawk, migs ,etc...etc) that have serious incompatibility problems...but the ones I mentioned above are for FSX AND P3D)

(I should mention that some of them have serious performance problems like the GROB 115 and the texan driver...my pc has serious FPS drops...so much so that I had to reject the grob from my list, and the texan driver still I'm trying it...it's stable, but heavy)

......in other news:
For those who were wondering where thehellI've been...and why I couldn't make progress on the projects....
I'm still working on the projects...but personal life events (quite important but not bad) caused significant delays.

It is still my idea to release all the projects I have done and will do.
IRIS's recent announcement to release freeware for the T-6B/C "texan driver"... is a HARD blow to my REDONE T-6A project. (I must admit...the new Texan B/C model is 1000% times better in systems and visually than the modest old model A...)
but... I PERSONALLY LOVE THE "A" VERSION of the Texan, (I have explained it in another thread: the fact that the model A has an "analog" cockpit makes it an AUTHENTIC training plane for pilots who learn basic flight and more ...and versions B and C are not airplanes...they are systems with screens and huds for pilots learning for combat)
(besides the fact that model B and C have so much detail that my pc can barely handle the fps)

In summary: the project to remake the Texan model continues... but first I will have to see all the possibilities offered by the new model B and C (in addition to the C-27J, and the DA-42 and see if I can also do something with these)

I have received messages... from people who are patiently waiting for me to live these projects... I am sorry to tell you that we will have to wait... the recent new models have delayed me more.

Some of you asked me about the "Navid SKY TEXTURE 2017" SKY TEXTURE PACKAGE (I understand that this package was the best of the best for sky textures for fsx...but unfortunately it is no longer found anywhere on the internet )...I have the 2016 version....if anyone has the LATEST VERSION please...release it here on SIMVIATION...it's freeware...and I guess the original owner won't mind (happy assumption).. .and we will all profit.

Some offered me models that cannot be found on the internet... (thank you!!!) but... it would be better if they published them here on simviation... so we would all benefit (rob richardson's models... some of them They are 100% lost and cannot be found on the internet... if you have it, publish it... everyone will thank you)

Some of you asked me about a particular project (how much longer?)... everyone will be released... <<t
but lately with every step I take advancing in each project... more and more projects are deployed... and more simulation brands release more and more freeware airplanes (which were previously payware)......Yes, as FSX ages... many brands move to new and modern simulators... and it no longer makes sense to continue maintaining old software... and that is why they release their planes as freeware. (and I, who always arrive late to the party... I'm just now trying those models just now)
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: freewares and an update on my projects

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:40 am

ALL of this means that each project is "revised" (unfortunately)... I mentioned it many times... and my idea was to have ONE model of each category of airplane ALL FREEWARES:

a small/large single-engine low-wing GA aircraft

(here I have the ryan navion B, and the ZLIN Z-142 for training.....the GROB recently launched by IRIS was IDEAL...but it lost the contest due to having serious FPS problems...and because the zlin is excellent)

a small/large single-engine high-wing GA aircraft
(here I have the Cessna 150 from French VFR (it would be the small one), and the Cessna 182k from Flysimware (it would be the big one)

a small/large twin-engine airplane (it doesn't matter if it is low or high wing)
(here I have the new freeware IRIS DA-42, it is the only one that is in the "small" category
and the C-47 /C-117D I have them in the "large" category)

a small/large single-engine turboprop (does not matter if it is low or high wing)

(here I have the Cessna U206G SOLOY MK1 MK2)

a small/large twin-engine turboprop (it doesn't matter if it is low or high wing)
(here I have the (they are all big, I don't have small ones) BASLER BT-67, the FOKKER F-27 from Gaurant... and the new iris c-27 spartan and the LET-410 have just entered the contest (I'm testing them both, although beautiful, are losing against the basler and the f-27)

a training plane (one turboprop, and one subsonic jet)
(here I have the TEXAN A, the PILATUS PC-9...and now I'm trying the Texan B/C)
(and the training jet is somewhat difficult to choose...it's the S-211, the Restauvia PARIS, or the Mystere IV)

a biplane plane, or one from ww2
(the Avro 621 Tutor from Simouthouse, the Tiger Moth from "ants", and the "civilian-modernized" Milviz P-38 Lightning)

and of course...a commercial plane...medium
(here are the A319 and B737-700 projects)
(I don't consider large four-motor freeware models "reasonably complex")

I know that there are many freeware models that could fall into those categories...but many of them do not pass the evaluation due to FPS problems, few systems, and various problems (and if they pass the test, I already have a better one on my list). .. MILVIZ has recently released many excellent models!!! but one by one I rejected all of them from my personal list for having serious performance problems... and also for having "administration" software that is necessary for the model to function correctly. (painfully for this reason I have rejected the 757 "just flight" freeware, which is the best of freeware)
The models mentioned above (the ones I chose) are freeware models, and they are "unzip and fly" with a reasonable to high amount of complexity... and they do not have any performance problems (my PC is a VERY slow potato).

In summary... every time someone releases a new freeware airplane (ex payware) I am making them "compete" for a place... (like the USAF that makes a competition between companies to obtain ONE model).... everything This makes me decide whether or not to continue with a given project...and it also means more delays.

I am very sorry for the delays...regards. <<q
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: freewares and an update on my projects

Postby Canuck1955 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:27 pm

You have a history of promises. Nothing ever materializes. I blv nothing anymore.
\
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam