IRIS PC-9: REDONE PROJECT

FSX including FSX Steam version.

IRIS PC-9: REDONE PROJECT

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:39 pm

In this thread all the modifications made to the IRIS PILATUS PC-9 (FREEWARE) will be published.
original model here:
https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... ge&x=0&y=0

Before starting I wanted to explain something about all my projects (sorry for being off topic) :pray:
(while I was doing the 737 PROJECT)...it just so happened that I decided to have an airplane model in each category...(an airliner, a trainer jet, a turboprop, a high wing single engine, a twin engine, a biplane aircraft ...etc..etc..etc...a plane for each category) and for each of them I made one or more "PRIVATE" textures (I mean they don't have license plates, and I didn't make them... rather, I modified them from the existing ones).....as is obvious and for this reason, the PC-9, TEXAN, 737 PROJECT..etc..etc[b] were delayed.[/b]
(in that time I made the modified textures for the DOUGLAS DC-3, BASLER, C-117, cessna 150, flysimware cessna 182k, ...part of the A-319 PROJECT... textures for Gaurant's fokker f27, mystere iv , revive the miviz p-38l that was lost...etc...etc) .... (besides having my own life)
(I forgot recently, I released the [b]"easy checklist")[/b]

and now...I'm finally reaching the end of everything...only the PC-9 (99% complete), the TEXAN II (80% complete), the 737 PROJECT (80% complete), and the A-319 PROJECT (80% complete) remain.

I want you to keep one thing in mind... I just have to test each texture, edit it, test it in the simulator, modify it 100 times (and each time reload the simulator)... in addition to correcting errors... :oops: :oops:
For example, the "easy checklist" took me only one day to edit and modify it to make it work... but to make all the explanatory images, the images of how it looks in the simulator, the "readme" manuals, and to make the post (thread) here in simviation it took me two days to complete it...
Also...I don't know if I mentioned it before...but EVERYTHING I WRITE (in English) IS THROUGH GOOGLE TRANSLATOR...I ONLY speak and write in Spanish...so all manual... even this text that you are reading right now... I wrote it in google translator... and then I pass it here or to the place where I need it.
I remember the "douglas force", the work was brutal for me, :shock: :oops: editing the textures, making the thread in English, taking the photos, etc...etc...it was months of work... and the 737 project... .I remember that (as I mentioned in that thread-post) I ended up very mentally exhausted. :cry:

I just wanted to clarify... all those (this, those and the previous) projects... WILL BE PUBLISHED. (even if a project is cancelled...I will release the TEXTURES I ALREADY COMPLETED so everyone can benefit)
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: IRIS PC-9: REDONE PROJECT

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:01 pm

it's been a long way....since i made this thread:
https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 2&t=181543
that thread was dated June 15, 2022 !!!!!! Thousands of things have happened in my life since then...(I'm getting off topic), THAT project was divided into two...the PC-9 on the one hand and the TEXAN II on the other. (The TEXAN II is my GREATEST WORK <<s and to which I dedicate the most hours... it will have its own thread).

I'm just going to talk today about what's in THAT post -thread: a lot of what's in it had to be redeveloped from scratch. (speaking of the PC-9) ... (the TEXAN too, to the point that it is different from the photos I posted of it)

Anyway....TODAY, IT IS THE TURN OF THE IRIS PILATUS PC-9 FREEWARE:

the main idea was (and IS):
-that has a VC (virtual cockpit) in GRAY color (dark, fighter plane style) but that keeps ALL the details (screws, buttons, letters, marks...etc) clear. (It's not just about darkening the textures). that this feature can be used in ANY livery even the original ones that come with the package.
-add "private" liveries, not belonging to any force, rather a private owner. (and of course, to those textures add all possible modifications or corrections)

from these two points mentioned... a complete package was made for VC, 2D cockpit, addition of new panels, liveries, and checklist!!! (and something else that I forgot)

During the next few days I will be posting more images or data of the project. (99% done)
greetings
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:24 pm

as everyone knows...the freeware pilatus pc-9 has (just like in real life) a cockpit with green colors . the photos below are of the cockpit WITHOUT MODIFICATIONS (they come with the installable iris package)

the original texture has a shadow bug in the rear cabin
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:33 pm

Well...I've converted the entire virtual cockpit (VC) to gray...keeping all the switches, lights, and indicators in color. including 2d panel. this was medium difficulty...thanks to IRIS making all the indicators grey-black. :dance: Fixed the bug with shadows in the back seat. Also highlight the red color of the switches. even some bolts were brightened.

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:40 pm

OPTIONAL textures come in the original IRIS package, these are night lighting of different colors (white, orange, and green) (I repeat... all this comes with the original package, I didn't do it myself)
but...something that CANNOT BE CHANGED IS that the 2D MAIN PANEL has GREEN lighting.....so...so that everything stays the same, I decided that MY LIVERIES WILL USE THAT LIGHTING. (green)
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:49 pm

hello <<r
To the VC, I just need to mention that I re-did a checklist with references (it's the one in the iris manual, but with corrections). This is compatible with all the original package and is accessible to any model (pc-9 and pc-9a) (you just have to add the line of code to the model you like and that's it)
tomorrow I will continue with the final part (add private liveries)

cheers <<q
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:51 am

good morning...I wanted to say that today I just finished a new addition...new cameras:
It is something that cost me time and many tests... now you just have to copy and paste the list of cameras into the aircraft.cfg... and that's it.
these new cameras are:
-front
-back
-left wing
-right wing
-left wing UP
-right wing UP
-front left
-front right
-front left UP
-front right UP
-back left
-back right
-back left UP
-back right UP
why so many cameras?
(personal opinion here) the photos that one can take with the external camera (F11) are usually very nice...and generally you don't need more...especially in commercial airplanes (they don't tilt much) (they don't maneuver too much). ...but with the external F11 camera THE CAMERA IS ALWAYS HORIZONTAL...even if the plane tilted (head down, sideways, vertical ascent...etc) the camera will always be horizontally stable.....and this "boring" over time.

With cameras "attached" to the plane you can take more incredible photos .....
when a photography plane "accompanies" another in flight...it can maneuver and take pictures with the tilted horizon...accompany the plane during the ENTIRE MANEUVER and take photos where it can be seen that the plane "lives" in heaven.

besides... the BEST characteristics of the cameras LINKED to the aircraft, is that the plane DOES NOT ALWAYS HAVE TO BE THE CENTER OF ATTENTION OF THE PHOTOGRAPHY. (something that with the F11 camera you can't... that camera always points to the plane) with the cameras attached to the plane you can make the plane "on the side" and show something of the landscape. this only improves when the plane is maneuvering very hard, at high angles.
(you can see the result in some of the photos I took of the Mystere IV and S-211)
https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 2&t=182031
https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 2&t=182052
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:28 pm

Continuing with the project....I had said that there were two parts (now three)
-that has a VC (virtual cockpit) in GRAY color (DONE)
-add cameras (DONE)
-add "private" liveries
Well, the last part (adding "private" liveries) is already completed.

clarification: ALL textures (including the default ones that come with the pack and any textures you want to add) benefit from all the improvements in this pack.....except the ones I've added to the "private" liveries (why? Because in that case I would have to modify each of the textures that come with the package... and there are many.)
so...my "private" liveries have ALL the texture modifications...you can copy and paste the modified textures into the livery you want if you wish

these modifications are (to "Private" liveries):
-Virtual Cabin: added green night lighting (original provided by IRIS).
-new colors of helmets and suits (with flight patches included).
-new color tint of the dome glass (originally it was gray almost transparent). now it is a soft blue. (visible from the outside, does not change the internal vision).
-green belts (originally they were orange).
-modified ejectable seat color (originally it had a purple tint (!!!!!))..... now it's grey.
-interior of the landing gear wells (place where the wheels are kept)...now they are dark (originally they were white and illuminated...when in reality such a place is usually dark and somewhat dirty).
-new color of the "hood" (for FULLY IFR flights, the rear cabin can be covered with an internal cover :clap: , so the student learns to fly without external visual aids, and thus fly by instruments)...well, that cover is now a soft cream colored fabric.

all those improvements are textures that you can copy and paste to ANY livery you want (pc-9 and pc-9a)

I also made the following EXCLUSIVE modifications for the "Private" liveries (it cannot be removed... since they are in the textures of those liveries)
-new color of wheels (originally they were light grey) now they are almost black (as if they were recently washed) (but without losing details)
-obscured flaps structure
-and complete correction of the ALPHA LAYERS (my god!!!! :shock: :shock: they were really wrong, some sectors where anti-reflective paint goes like the engine hood, and the sector where you can step on the wings had shine...) now everything was corrected in those textures....everything that does NOT have to shine, does not shine.
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:13 pm

Good morning everyone! <<r

the last section (add "private" liveries) includes 2 private liveries...unfortunately there are VERY few liveries on the internet for the iris pc-9 (that have caught my attention) (I usually choose "simple" designs, or with soft stripes, no complex decorations)... that's why i can only modify 2 liveries... although it's better that way.

I forgot to mention something (in all my projects, including this one): I always make NEW thumbnails... if possible the closest to the original ones
Well, these are the two liveries that I modified:
-LIVERY "PRIVATE BLUE-RED" (ex raf - rsaf)
(originally owned by the RAF, and RSAF, provided by IRIS, all credit to iris)
I made the following modifications:
-I removed all reference to raf or rsaf (remove license plates and logos)
-I made a new color balance (originally the colors were more subdued) now the blue and red are more vivid.
-added wing leading edges matte black.
-added a black stripe on the vertical fin with squares. I also added a blue stripe to the vertical fin.

In addition to adding EVERYTHING mentioned above
-new helmets and flight suits
-new color of the glass of the dome
-dark landing gear shaft interiors
-dark interior flaps and airbrake
-dark black wheels
-corrected ALPHA layer

-LIVERY "PRIVATE RED"
(original livery of "Tako_Kichi" :clap: :clap: :clap: ..... ALL CREDIT for this texture to him) (the original livery of him called "7TFS", is in a forgotten corner of simouthouse)
-Of course, I removed all the RAF number plates and logos (and the 7th TFS) including a HUGE light blue stripe that was on the rear of the fuselage.
-new color balance: red is now deeper and darker.
-change the color of the "black or dark" sectors...they had a violet or green tint (error compressing the texture)...now they are completely gray or black.
-added black paint on the horizontal tail rudder
-now the propeller cone is completely black (originally it was black and white similar to a spiral)
-I added a black stripe to the entire vertical fin (and two small ones above). I also added a checkered flag.
-the vertical rudder has a gray tint
- ....plus all other modifications in common with the other livery.

I want to explain that there are MANY modifications made to these 2 liveries that I have not mentioned...they are small details, so many that I forgot...they are small pixel corrections here and there... some were serious corrections, others are our own corrections of the livery....here is a single example:
the texture of the WHEEL is ALMOST ON TOP of the texture of the cockpit dome...if the black color of the wheel is passed a little more to the right...the black color will appear in the structure of the cockpit.... I corrected all this (originally these textures had less of the black color of the wheel texture...so the wheel when spinning showed a stain belonging to the cockpit dome).
thus several modified details.

Why checkered flags?, why a lot of black color on the vertical fin? Why in many modified textures of my other projects do I add some mark or line to the vertical fin?...I will answer it in the T-6 TEXAN II section

the following images are (in this order) "PRIVATE BLUE-RED" and "PRIVATE RED":
By the way, I add that the NEW CAMERAS were used in the photos (the horizon is tilted and the plane is not in the center of the image)
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:23 pm

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:26 pm

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:30 pm

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:37 pm

CREDITS:
-for IRIS for the freeware model PILATUS PC-9/PC-9A ...and for the RAF/RSAF texture that I modify (and the other textures, the checklist and etc etc)
-for SimOutHouse user "Tako_Kichi", for the red texture.

Well that's it. This PROJECT IS FINISHED. I just need to "pack it" and upload it to simviation (I will). My next project is the FREEWARE IRIS T-6A TEXAN II (80% finished). Goodbye and good flights. <<r <<q <<s <<s
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam