Milviz Freebies

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Re: Milviz Freebies

Postby madasi45 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:59 am

Bonjour,

C'est quoi ce site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tout d'abord pendant 2 jours vous n'arrivez pas à démarrer les téléchargements.
Aujourd'hui, tout commençait bien, le téléchargement démarrait mais échec avant la fin. J'ai fait des tentatives (au moins 30) depuis ce matin. Aucun téléchargement se termine.
J'ai décidé de rayer ce site de mes favoris. Bye.
madasi45
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Dave T » Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:20 am

Sorry you are having problems downloading, I have downloaded a few files today and it seems to be working a little bit better.

Both files downloaded without any interruptions, a reply in English would have been better.

Which planes are you having trouble downloading?

Quels avions avez-vous du mal à télécharger ?

I downloaded both files in under two minutes using Chrome. Files were 1.5gb each.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Dave T » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:24 pm

Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Tee Charoen » Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:06 pm

A Big Thank You to Dave T for sharing the info, and also a Big Thank You to Milviz.

The downloads work. If it doesnt try again and again - theron it always comes in.

Best to All!
Tee Charoen
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Dave T » Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:06 pm

737-200C
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Dave T » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:38 am

I really like the VC in the 737-200.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Daube » Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:00 pm

madasi45 wrote:Bonjour,

C'est quoi ce site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tout d'abord pendant 2 jours vous n'arrivez pas à démarrer les téléchargements.
Aujourd'hui, tout commençait bien, le téléchargement démarrait mais échec avant la fin. J'ai fait des tentatives (au moins 30) depuis ce matin. Aucun téléchargement se termine.
J'ai décidé de rayer ce site de mes favoris. Bye.

I just tried to download the archive of the Skyraider with Chrome, and it worked perfectly.
Some users reported some problems to download but they could finally get the files by restarting or using a different navigator.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Dave T » Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:14 pm

The mad rush seems to be over & the website seems a lot better to download files. I think the site was struggling with the amount of people trying to download the files.

Now everything has calmed down the people having problems with the site should find it a bit easier to download the files.

Yes the Skyraider was one of the larger files 1.5gb.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Dave T » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:08 am

The Sabre works properly on my other Pc, I had trouble with the ground power selection screen disappearing too quickly to do anything with it.

On one of my PC's FSx doesn't like the latest VC runtime 2015-2019 block as it causes an error on FSX shutdown, on my other PC FSX has no problem with the latest VC runtime files. Still don't know why as the operating system is exactly the same on both PC's.

If you are having any problems with the Sabre/ F4 ect with switches not working make sure your runtime files are up to date. Also run the MVAMS aircraft configurator before using the aircarft in FSX.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:39 pm

hello!!!
I have some questions....

many years ago milviz released this plane as freeware:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjQKkhkjJUM
...but since so many things happened... I would like to know if you have it (I mean... does it come in the current free package? (today 2023)

Also... I'm working on improving the default 737 (among other things).... I ask you very seriously...
How good is the MILVIZ 737-200C? is it very complex (pmdg)...or is it a "nice shell" but easy to fly?
if someone tried the a320 from project airbus (the complex version)...or the ifly 747-400 freeware (the old model) how does it compare to them?
(in my list of fsx planes I only need ONE passenger jet)

and the MILVIZ F-86 sabre...can be compared in difficulty (ignition, flight, systems...etc) to that of dino cattaneo S-211 / M311 / M435 / M346 /M 326...or the TA-4 Skyhawk?
or compare it with the RESTAURAVIA morane Paris model?

(in my list of fsx planes I only need ONE jet trainer)
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Mtnbiker29er » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:12 am

Enjoying these generously released Milviz quality goodies <<s Quite surprised how all the planes I've got so far for FSX are relatively mild on frames. I've had similar models of the f-4 Phantom and it would almost be a slideshow.
Mtnbiker29er
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Daube » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:23 am

Delta Tango Nine Two wrote:hello!!!

...but since so many things happened... I would like to know if you have it (I mean... does it come in the current free package? (today 2023)

Yes, you can see it on the webpage, it's listed there:
https://blackbirdsims.com/flight/freebies.php

Also... I'm working on improving the default 737 (among other things).... I ask you very seriously...
How good is the MILVIZ 737-200C? is it very complex (pmdg)...or is it a "nice shell" but easy to fly?
if someone tried the a320 from project airbus (the complex version)...or the ifly 747-400 freeware (the old model) how does it compare to them?

The Milviz 737-200 is a very high level of realism addon. It is not a nice-looking "screenshots only" plane at all ;) I would definitely recommend it to you, especially at this price :D

and the MILVIZ F-86 sabre...can be compared in difficulty (ignition, flight, systems...etc) to that of dino cattaneo S-211 / M311 / M435 / M346 /M 326...or the TA-4 Skyhawk?

The Milviz Sabre is simply one of the best fighter jets you can get for FSX/P3D.
From your questions I get the feeling that you don't know this addon maker at all, so I can tell you that Milviz has a very good fame. It is regarded as one of the best addon makers for our sims (FSX/P3D/MSFS). In that list of newly freeware addons, maybe only the YF-23 is less realistic than the rest, since it's just a prototype and there is few "official" data on it. So we cannot expect a high level of accuracy for such a plane, that's normal. But for their other addons, you can reasonably have quite high expectations :)
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:39 pm

Daube wrote:

Yes, you can see it on the webpage, it's listed there:
https://blackbirdsims.com/flight/freebies.php

The Milviz 737-200 is a very high level of realism addon. It is not a nice-looking "screenshots only" plane at all ;) I would definitely recommend it to you, especially at this price :D

The Milviz Sabre is simply one of the best fighter jets you can get for FSX/P3D.
From your questions I get the feeling that you don't know this addon maker at all, so I can tell you that Milviz has a very good fame. It is regarded as one of the best addon makers for our sims (FSX/P3D/MSFS). In that list of newly freeware addons, maybe only the YF-23 is less realistic than the rest, since it's just a prototype and there is few "official" data on it. So we cannot expect a high level of accuracy for such a plane, that's normal. But for their other addons, you can reasonably have quite high expectations :)

Thank you very much for your answer!!!...

Knowing is not the same as having it (as PMDG, I know it... but I've never tried it). especially that I only use freewares...never had a chance to try them. (I knew milviz, but looking from outside the store window)

more questions (no need to answer)
does the 737, or the f86, (or some other milviz I don't know) have add-on software?...
Let me explain... many planes you just take it, fly, and forget it...
but others leave "engine wear" files, have passenger loading software... or weight calculation software... or whatever (or others)

like the ANT'S TROJAN (which has files that simulate wear, and "mechanical maintenance")... or some very complete free tupolev models... or pmdg, level d...
(they have additional software to simulate more things)
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Daube » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:56 pm

There no software that I know of. I had this 737 (amongst other models from them) in P3Dv4 and I didn't need to run anything next to it.
There is however one "manager" program. You don't use it in the sim, you use it before launching the sim instead. It's meant to configure some aspects of your installed models, some little things outside or in the cockpit that can be added or hidden, then you can save and close the program until you need to modify anything again, some days/weeks later :)
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:18 pm

well...i just installed it....IT'S NOT THE SAME...this milviz pack is a complete P-38L...from WW2. (has vc is original from ww2) (and many MANY pinup girls without a bra :dance: :whistle: :dance: :whistle: ). seems to be very complex in systems and engine management)
(it also gives me CTD!!!! as soon as the model appears on the site... CTD. I think that in the installation menu it said "FSX-SE stand alone"... and "FSX-SE + FSX"... I chose the latter...(I only have the fsx-se) so I think I was wrong.
I'll report if that's the problem.)

the one that appears in the video is a "civilized" P-38...it was freeware from milviz...it had a very different VC cockpit (modernized and civil)..it only had 1 texture available. (and as I remember it was easy to fly without many complexities)...I can't find it anywhere

IS THIS!!!!!!!
https://blackbirdsims.com/flight/PG.php?id=30#

one more question... I'm looking for an old school freeware trainer... (that is, a ww2 plane or earlier)
I am between:
ANTS TIGER MOTH (free version)
AVRO 621 TUTOR (free version of simouthouse)
gloster gladiator (free)
and the "civilized" p38 milviz
any advice?
Last edited by Delta Tango Nine Two on Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam