important questions: texan II, files, and usage permissions

FSX including FSX Steam version.

important questions: texan II, files, and usage permissions

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:16 pm

Hi..... it's me .....again...
these questions are directly made to the owners of simviation... and to those who clearly know about the subject
( "how to accommodate or simplify the use of files", ...legality, freeware use, and "rules of use")

I will give you a summary...
I'm about to complete my biggest modification:
a complete re-texture of the freeware T-6A TEXAN II aircraft
consists of
-5 liveries (new paintings) (also... each painting can be "edited", just moving files, at the player's discretion)
-new pilots helmets
-new cockpit cover glass
-new cockpit textures (panels, and completely redone textures)
and various other things... (like minigames)

Anyway... A LOT of textures... but... I found a problem...

the (damn) TEXAN (because of IRIS) has a CRITICAL texture of the VC....NOT in the VC folder (!!!!!!!).... rather it is found in the MAIN TEXTURE of EACH AIRPLANE TEXTURE....(!!!! very bad!!!)

what does this mean?... if THAT texture were in the VC folder... all the planes and textures would benefit... but SINCE IT IS NOT THERE... (it is in each of the textures of plane)...I can't modify ALL the textures of all the texans (I'm not crazy to do that)

and what is the problem? (you will ask yourself)
MY TEXTURES (obviously) have ALL the modifications and improvements...(the 5 models) but I wanted ALL the texan liveries (defaults) to benefit ALSO...it is not possible...(you would have to modify all the default texan textures)

So I have 2 APPROACHES TO THE PROBLEM:

1- that ONLY MY TEXTURES (AND ONLY MY TEXTURES!!!) HAVE ALL THE IMPROVEMENTS... and that the default texans are COMPLETELY default (summary: my textures would be the ONLY ones improved)

2-that all default Texans can also benefit from the new textures and improvements....but...without modifying the "error". (summary: my textures would have all the improvements... and the default texans ALMOST all... but clearly you will notice that ONLY my textures are completely corrected and in the default texans you will notice a lack of improvements)

----------------------

these 2 APPROACHES have their advantages and disadvantages

-OPTION 1 (only my textures have all the improvements) has the following advantages:
a)- It does not overwrite almost any original file (because I obviously impose that only my textures have all the benefit)
b)- You don't have trouble or problems when overwriting (or backups) or etc.
problems:
-the only (and big) problem is the LARGE number of duplicate files (so as not to overwrite original files... each texture folder will have EVERYTHING necessary)
(this is a BIG ISSUE that I wish someone would answer)

-OPTION 2 (that all default Texans ALSO benefit in addition to mine (texure folders)) has the advantage:
a)- the GREAT advantage of being light in megabytes... BECAUSE THEY ALL SHARE THE TEXTURES
b)- also the default texan would have the texture improvements (but not all)
issue:
-the only big problem is that it doesn't have ALL the improvements...the default texans haven't modified (and improved) the vc panel (you'll clearly notice it)

look at the photos and you will understand:

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: important questions: texan II, files, and usage permissi

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:55 pm

I wish (seriously) that the improvements were a "copy, paste, and fly"... and choose the Texan livery you want....
but they have that ugly problem... so I will ALMOST ALMOST choose option 1 (only my textures will have all the modifications... and the default textures (liveries) will remain original)

what do you think? when you fly...would you rather everyone have the buffs...or "respect" that buffs only go to a certain group of liveries
(this is a VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION that I would like you to answer)
-------------------

another VERY IMPORTANT issue FOR ME is what I call "scope of the rules of use"...

I mean I have invested whole months (modifying other people's textures, creating my own, adding improvements, etc) (some textures are "extreme" modifications of other texan mods belonging to other repainters (I GIVE CREDIT TO THE CREATORS)

...but..... REALLY (REALLY) I wouldn't want this package to appear on other pages a few weeks later, or even worse!!! that someone uses in other textures, my textures... or part of them
I want this package to stay here, in simviation... and... if it's my wish... that only these 5 liveries have all modifications... that other repaints don't include this. (created by other people) (under permission only by direct question via email)

(I WISH it would have been option 2... that the default Texans would also benefit.....that would make the use COMPLETELY free, if they didn't have the error, the modification would be complete in all liveries, and thus, it would be free for anyone who wants to use it
..... but since the default Texans cannot fully benefit from this error... I cannot give free use to something "incomplete")

How far does my word reach? I mean... I guess in simviation it will be respected... but in other places?
(I also want someone to answer this)

I also want to clarify that the textures are not like "an airline livery"...or "an air force livery"...or something like that...something generic...they are "private owner" liveries (fictitious )...that's why they have that "I don't know what" that makes them feel unique, from a specific owner...with their "homemade" modifications (you know, an airline, or an air force... they have planes without "modifications" (no patches, logos, or pilot markings, owned by a company, and pilot removes ALL his stuff after flying, plane looks "corporate", and devoid of "humanity") (in air force They only let you wear something in the helmet, and only occasionally, and on the plane you can't leave anything of yours...because it's not yours)..........but the private owner can add stickers wherever he wants , in his cockpit, en his helmet, in the ass, add new panels and systems to the cockpit or use the plane for whatever he wants)
That is why I do not want parts of my package to appear later on other sites.

(I forgot...the textures are specifically for the iris t-6a texan II...the version WITHOUT wing fuel tanks)
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam