VKB Hardware

FSX including FSX Steam version.

VKB Hardware

Postby investdude » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:00 pm

Can anyone tell me in detail how to assign axes and map buttons with the VKB Gladiator NXT and T-Rudder pedals in FSX? The VKB people insist that it all has to be done with their software, rather than in the game as it is with all other sticks, but if anyone has a VKB stick you know it is unbelievably complicated and the manual is incomprehensible. So if anyone has mastered this could you please let me know how you did it?
investdude
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: VKB Hardware

Postby Canuck1955 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:31 am

Hi from down the road in YXX! Don't know about the pedals at all, but I have the Gladiator II. I've had it for ooooh must be 5 years. It came with no software and no manual but it worked fine out of the box. In FSX and FS9 I use FSUIPC to program it but equally it worked without that and could be programmed using the sims internal settings. It also is recognised no problem in IL 1946, Great Battles and DCS. The hat in those is a pain to be honest.
They don't seem to make my version of the stick any more though. It's probably all a Soviet plot. :lol:
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby investdude » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:45 pm

Unfortunately the Gladiator NXT doesn't work that way, it needs to be programmed by it's own software which is so incredibly hard to understand that it's impossible to do. So I guess I will have to try to sell it online, it's useless to me right now.
investdude
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby investdude » Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:43 pm

OK I discovered that you can do a "cold calibration" and then configure the stick in the game and it works fine now, so problem solved.
investdude
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby katyswift468 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:33 pm

why I chose that model, and how to improve textures....
mapquest directions
katyswift468
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam