G.MARION 737 panel V2.0 little bug

FSX including FSX Steam version.

G.MARION 737 panel V2.0 little bug

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:23 pm

aid!!!! I need help....
If anyone of you knows, or regularly communicates with: GAVIN MARION (alias G.MARION)

install your panel and systems for the 737 model... version 2.0 of your panel....is spectacular...
And I just want to say that you are ONLY ONE STEP away from perfection.

please...if someone can contact you...or let you know that I'm trying and testing your panel...let me know. (I already wrote him an email)
it has only one problem (of compatibility) with the tds model...if it is solved...WE WILL NOT ALL BENEFIT from its excellent panel.
only HE can solve this problem... (because he created it, and he can add or modify the panel... specifically add a complex function)

(I tried to merge the panel v2, with all the systems included...and "AVOID" the problem...)....it is not the best solution...and it is "weird"..
if he solves this problem...NATIVELY we would have ALL FUNCTIONS ACTIVATED (screens, panels, systems, alarms...etc)

Like I said...if it solves this problem...YOU'RE (we're) JUST ONE STEP AWAY from perfection.

Here are some photos of how the panel looks with all the improvements (mine):
(open them in another window and compare them)

In them you can see the following characteristics:
new PFD, MDF, EICAS, EFIS, (provided by g.munro)
radio (provided by p.marion)

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: G.MARION 737 panel V2.0 little bug

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:34 pm

as I said...this problem is "small" (just one)...but it is VERY annoying...and only he can solve it.
also...according to the manual...it made it compatible with POSKY models...it doesn't mention anything about the TDS model (obviously they use the ALROT VC model)...but a "CRITICAL" cabin switch cannot work... .(because of panel v2...disabling it) and that is very annoying in HALF of the flight circumstances.

as characteristics, it has 2 different eica screens, the efis has several map and navigation modes... and the pfd is more complete. (in addition to having an excellent GPWS)

here in approach to KLAX.

(obviously...then...if he can...or he wants to...I have a small list of details that would take him even further to the model)
if you know him... let him know what you think.
Thanks for the help. Greetings.
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:16 am

sorry...google translator...didn't translate well.

I meant: "WE WILL ALL BENEFIT"
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby pete » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:35 am

That's a great looking improvement!

Are you sure you don't mean Philippe Marion?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:26 pm

Thank you very much for answering <<v <<r

This will be long to explain:
even to this day I keep "improving" the textures of the VC...
unfortunately...some textures...I can't edit them (although I would like to)...those who can edit colors, or designs are the creators of those SYSTEMS...(systems such as screens, floating numbers (in radios, autopilot ...for example)

There are two variants:

G.MUNRO's panel (above are the photos...(the screens) (with a critical problem)....if HE manages to improve that small detail...we would almost have the whole project ready. (the -700 project. .which is in the other thread)....
I had to edit the G.MUNRO panel (V2) and merge it (with his 2015 v1 panel) to "avoid" that problem.....it's not the best solution...and also this brings more problems....
also...I added small features of the p.marion panel (radios, autopilot, backup indicators (analog attitude, altitude, and vor), ....(I also wanted to add some panels like the one for calls " v1,v2,rotate"...but they produced crash ctd)

today it is "ALMOST" FINISHED"...the g.munro panel with the modifications....I am just waiting for an answer about the solution...(and if possible...a small list of improvements. ..that only he can and understands how to improve)

the other variant is :

the panel of P.MARION (NOT in the photos)
Here I only need the help of SOMEONE who knows how to edit a specific texture...(the moving map of the MFD, and of the EICAS)...(besides notifying Philippe Marion that he has a small error in one of his panels... the top)
the work would only be to edit the textures... (more gray colors... try by all means that the 2d panels, and screens look like the real ones)

...at the top of page 2 of my project...is "the vision" of how I would like the screens to look...(that's what I was referring to)
https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 1&start=15

I hope more people can cooperate...

Greetings.
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:47 pm

really... there is a lot to work on... unfortunately... I don't know anything about systems... gauges... or programming....

I can only (and with what little I know) edit textures....and if those textures are encoded in the panels...I can't do anything.
(I can only edit loose textures in bmp format)

I have a long list of improvements that I could mention... (they are so small... that if they are fixed or improved... the panel could take a leap in quality)... or at least make it "easy" texture editing...(not encoded inside xml).
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:57 pm

I forgot something (I always forget things...I have to go to the neurologist :doh: ):

Until there is no response from g.munro.... I can't move forward with the project....why?
if he responds and decides to improve the panel .... I will have to wait even more ....
if he doesn't respond (I can wait days, weeks)...I'll pause his panel...and try to improve p.marion's.

What would be the use of working for weeks and months on something that I would then have to throw away...that's why...I prefer to wait for them. :shifty:

I believe that today, these words have more force than ever:
""(sometimes a mod, with the love that the community that created it has for it, can ridicule the video game developer itself, and the payment software companies that create "generic" models)""

https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 1&t=181572
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby cevans » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:00 am

G Munro gave me (& speedbird77) permission some few months ago to use one of his gauges in a speedbird77 panel.
He responded pretty fast. Maybe he has left the hobby, or taken a break. Have you read his readme's on his gauges/panels? Sometimes it gives permission in there for use as long as correct permission is given. Occasionally a designer has passed on or come into bad health and cannot respond. In such cases it can sometimes be ok to use the gauge as long as you have tried to contact the developer, give full credit, and respect his original readme.

I have pm'd you his email adrress
cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:26 am

Thank you very much for your answer!!

yes, I have sent g.munro an email (to both of his emails) .. thanks for giving me the other email ...
It only remains to wait...since I can't do anything about this problem (the problem that the panel has...only it can solve it)...I don't understand anything about programming or xml...
(the problem is not a texture...or something simple...it's about "adding" a feature to the panel -he would have to create more textures, more programming, and give the panel "animation"....) .

Of course...I will always give credits to them...the creators...and even if they give permission to use (or even edit)...in this particular case...I don't know how to edit it to solve the problem.

Cheers
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam