TDS 737 FDE "new" flight physics

FSX including FSX Steam version.

TDS 737 FDE "new" flight physics

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:08 am

actually they are not new....they are BETTER....
i have seen many tds 737 models here on simviation...that are based on the base tds 737 package.....and have the same original tds flight physics (takes off like a rocket, and lands like a glider with tailwind)
...but tds released an upgrade to his flight physics
I have tested the "TDS_FDEUpdate_737V2.zip" file and it seems to be a great improvement... REMEMBER TO READ ITS "README" FILE

many WARN, that when taking off you must have the TRIM CONFIGURED WELL...or you will have serious problems....(positive trim, so that the takeoff is easy)

the file is located in the TDS support group here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TDS.Sky ... 37NG/files

(for those who don't know, v3 only includes the MAX versions, not the NG ones)
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: TDS 737 FDE "new" flight physics

Postby pete » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:44 am

Yes and no FSX models. Only FS2004 and P3Dv4. ;)
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby cevans » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:58 am

original tds flight physics (takes off like a rocket, and lands like a glider with tailwind

Well the versions I have repainted take off just a little too late, at around 170kts. It certainly does not climb like a rocket. Lands nicely at about the right speed (just under 150kts) and provided you use correct flap and airspeed control during descent and approach, lands, brakes and stops fine. Not too far from realistic.

What are you experiencing?
cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:17 pm

download the tds -700 "air baltic" model...here on simviation (as a "Base" model to start from)

fully loaded...tends to lift when I barely pull the stick (takes off horizontally, not nose up)
and fully unloaded...it is very difficult to land...at very low speeds, with flaps and gear down...following the glide path...it is very difficult to keep nose up while descending (descend nose down)

this is not my video...but it's really what i'm trying to explain, about what happens when i land (nose down)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhNe-EulpRk

and in an attempt to stall... he did it at 90 knots... not where the flight screen indicated (120-110)

what do you mean it's not for fsx (I haven't seen that warning)
I found it here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TDS.Sky ... 022049660/
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:26 pm

here another example of the landing... (on the screen it is shown that it is nose down)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xj9Zirx2Oc

I'll show pictures of my plane in a moment
I would like to ask you (if you know) does FDE V2 work for fsx?....(I tried it on my plane (the "737 project") and it worked very well...
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:07 pm

the conditions in which you fly:

A)-original weights (do not touch anything, leave it as it was as soon as you unload it) and maximum fuel (or close)
situation: takeoff and landing
and the other is

B)- without weight loads, and with little fuel (as if the plane traveled very far and arrives with 30% fuel remaining)
situation: takeoff and landing

simulation A)-
sorry...I exaggerated the takeoff a bit...but still...try to lift the wheels off the ground "at the same time" and then climb fast.

(forgot STALL...forgot to play it...but remember it was too low...at 80 knots)

landing: fully loaded (with the weights you have set, do not edit anything) and 97% fuel...
look at the first picture...
even though the plane still flies STRAIGHT AND LEVEL...it barely lifts the nose (it's really flying slow)..and it gets worse the more flaps I add...(in some cases...when I put full flaps...flying straight and level...nose points down)
no matter how close I get to stall speed...the plane will be pointing down or nearly level...but not like reality...(noses softly up)

in the THIRD PHOTO
(autopilot caught the glideslope...and (most importantly) STABILIZED...at a rate of descent of 800 feet per minute....yet the more flaps I add the nose points down even more. ... even if it slows down...

simulation B)-
I only tried it once...it was really awkward...
being so light the plane (no loads, and 30% fuel), the plane takes off as "elevator", and lands with the nose VERY low... even if I take speed off (I think this is the situation when the stall is ridiculously short)

I think it's a flap problem... anyway...

the FDE V2 that I tried shows it differently...(in other places where they warned about the tds model they said this:)...it is difficult to take off...you need to add trim to take off...and the landing feels "acceptable "...

another totally different matter is philippe marion's FDE... his ".air" file is wonderful.
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:44 pm

I just intall the fde v2...in the model "-700 air baltic"

at takeoff it is really difficult to lift it...unless you put trim...
the plane only takes off ONLY when it reaches the speed indicated for takeoff...it doesn't matter how much the nose points to the sky (it seems real to me)

in straight and level flight: with flaps and gear down and at low speeds the plane points its nose up

in stabilized descent on the glideslope (at 700 fpm...or 800 fpm descent) it stays straight horizontally (although it descends, the nose points level to the horizon)

and I was able to test the "stall": now it is closer to what the flight screen indicates (closer to 100 and not 80)

forget to mention that all this is in cloudless and windless conditions
(with a headwind...and with the original physics, the nose might point directly to the ground and not even descend)

all this reminds me of posky in EXACTLY SAME situations....the best descent with a posky model was "LEVEL" (neither nose up nor nose down)...not even at very low speeds)

and like i said several times...philippe marion's flight model is miles away MUCH BETTER. (for posky...but I tried it on tds too)

Has anyone else tried FDE V2? IN FSX
(I don't understand what they meant by only for fs9 and p3d... I can't find any information about what fde v2 is for those and not for fsx)
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby pete » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:13 pm

what do you mean it's not for fsx (I haven't seen that warning)
I found it here:

From the download page
TDS 737MAX9 Version3 released

Temporary Link is under https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nrDNDf ... sp=sharing Only FS2004 and P3DV4 model will be included NO FSX models Reason is there was so many unpermitted illegal migration for FS2020 and for that , use FSX models.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:55 pm

ahh ok... I understand... but does that only apply to MAX?... the fde v2 package is for NG

There are only 2 more experiments left:

A)-with FDE V2 and low fuel and low weight...(only 2 pilots, and 30% fuel)

the plane takes off like a rocket (now yes) (fde v2: it still needs a little bit of trim...but VERY little...and the model respects the takeoff value (that is, it doesn't take off even though the nose is in the air until that does not reach the speed indicated for takeoff
)
(well... I guess that although it is ugly that it takes off so strong... I remember the videos of boeing making MAX models take off without any type of load... the planes looked like STOL planes)

in straight and level flight it keeps the nose straight to the horizon (with full flaps and landing gear and low speed) and with very little weight (wrong?)

and going down the glide slope at 700 fpm...the nose points too low (bad) ((with full flaps and gear and low speed and very light weight) (definitely bad)

in "stall" the plane, having little weight (but having new fde) more or less respects the value shown on the screen (the stall speed)
Can you see the photos

final experiment (i tink so)
B)-combine the aircraft.cfg of FDE V2...and join it with the ".air" model of philippe marion....

no load, and only 30% fuel this happens:
take off fast (same as fde v2, and only take off until it reaches the indicated airspeed...doesn't matter if the nose is in the air already)

straight and level...with full flaps, gear down and low speed (150 knots)....the plane HOLDS NOSE UP very comfortably...

and in stabilized descent following the glide path... KEEPS NOSE UP (even with little weight!!!!)

the stall remains the same as that of fdev2 (see point A above)

look at the photos

what do you think? (in addition to thanking philippe)
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam