my dream: teamwork, standardization, and better freeware for

FSX including FSX Steam version.

my dream: teamwork, standardization, and better freeware for

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:57 pm

this is just a dream...but sometimes...dreams come true...

""(sometimes a mod, with the love that the community that created it has for it, can ridicule the video game developer itself, and the payment software companies that create "generic" models)""

here, in this community (that of the flight simulation, especially in fsx)... there is a lot of "borrowed from here and there", and "small LOOSE additions"
I explain, the freeware model CESSNA SOLOY MK1 AND MK2 ...or ....THE FOKKER F27, are SO WELL DONE, that nobody dares to add any "loose addition" (an HUD, an fmc or a default gps)....they being SO realistic, they have only what is necessary...(if the real one does not have garmin 500 gps, the model does not have it)...and all of us "accept the contract" (the contract that if it is realistic...we do not add anything strange or oblivious to the real plane)

and if a model is not very "graceful" (low detail, or few systems)...people add whatever...(huds, gps, tcas...to a small plane!!)...there is no "NORMALIZATION " (or general agreement between all of us)
then everyone part of a section and make their own path... some one panel... others make another panel, someone makes a plane pack with his upgrades, another with a different sound. and there is no agreement.

It only remains to see the number of boeing or airbus models in fsx freewares, each package has something different, some realistic sounds, others the best panel, others better textures.......but none that unifies everything.

(THAT IS WHY I ONLY try to make ONE specific model...the 737-700 NG with winglets, and eyebrows...not a generic 737) (and try to make it...a normalizing BASE...one that makes everyone agree, so that all those who work hard (on their panels, sounds... etc), are not left alone in some models.... but rather that EVERYTHING is UNIFIED in a single model)

PROJECT AIRBUS is an example of this (I think...or almost), they made a good real flight system for the airbus...there is hardly anything to add, just some detail (better textures, sounds...and little else )...and if it were EVEN MORE IMPROVED (I'M GOING TO TRY IT)... more complete...it would be a firm base on which all those who want to work on improving a system...would do so in that model... .and not in a separate one.

that's what they do in other communities (as in f1 challenge, gp lengends,) few try to make their own model...rather try to improve what already exists...until it makes it shine. and so the work is ONE ONLY. ON THE WHOLE.

""(sometimes a mod, with the love that the community that created it has for it, can ridicule the video game developer itself, and the payment software companies that create "generic" models)""

the ones with PMDG, don't need to look at "the bottom ones", but the bottom ones SHOULD not need a PMDG, if you have a completely well done freeware.

that is my dream

If you want to help me, I'm trying to create a 737 as "real" as possible within the TDS model, and alrot's VC
https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 1&t=181561

...and soon an airbus a319
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: my dream: teamwork, standardization, and better freeware

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:06 pm

I'm sorry... I was walking around here... I just came to reaffirm what I said that time... I'm still working on it. <<s
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby dew » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:06 pm

This is also a small dream of mine. Congratulation. trap the cat
dew
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby jannick » Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:11 pm

I agree with you that a well-made freeware mod can be just as good as, or even better than, a commercial product. And I think your idea of creating a single, unified model of the 737-700 NG is a great one. It would be a valuable resource for the flight simulation community, and it would be a testament to the hard work and dedication of the people who contributed to it. eso gold
jannick
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby NellyAurora » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:21 am

Your proposal to develop a consolidated model for the 737-700 NG is an excellent idea. I also have a little dream. heardle 80s
NellyAurora
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam