sky texture recomendation (clouds and sun)

FSX including FSX Steam version.

sky texture recomendation (clouds and sun)

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:34 am

the original fsx sky (fsx-se) has that ugly violet or pink color at sunset....
but....it has something that no other sky texture mod has... that is: during the day at 60,000 ft the sky turns black (completely dark blue) and you can see the stars)

ALL texture MODS (navids, HDE v2, etc) have great skies and beautiful colors...but at 60,000ft it's still light blue...as if you were low altitude

I have seen them with my own eyes.
here more information:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/4609 ... omparison/

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthre ... -X-Weather

so... I'm thinking of deciding between NAVIDS (I have it, but it's no longer online), and EXPLORE ENVIROMENT X (if you want it, it's in THAT same avsim article, someone posted it on mediafire)

the problem: eex also brings clouds, sun, fog, asphalt and runway concrete...etc

and for clouds I have HDE V2...and for the sun I have "simple sun mod"...and for asphalt I have "Airport Enhancer HDX Lite"...etc

Has anyone thoroughly tested Explorer Environment X? I thought it was good...(it has a black sky at 60,000ft) but it is not as spectacular as navidh's (unfortunately navid does not have a black sky at high altitude)

any advice? any shader?
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: sky texture recomendation (clouds and sun)

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:50 pm

I can say with some certainty...
that explor enviroment x is excellent...

all the packages of skies, clouds, etc... are excellent...
but as I mentioned above, and now I corroborate and reaffirm... at 60,000 feet, the sky is VERY dark... it is something that keeps fsx (that dark tone is very good... many other packages forget it)
...also...cloud textures don't "rotate" when you move the cameras.

that texture mod is VERY hard to find... in the avsim link someone posted it... take advantage of it!!!

In the other thread I have tried more things:
https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 1&t=181544
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:40 am

well... update something about the NAVIDs sky texture pack....
It's not anywhere on the internet...so right now I'm uploading it here to simviation.
...unfortunately it is the 2016 version (the only one I have on my PC). It is not the latest version 2017. (please, if anyone has it on their PC, please share it on your favorite simulation site)

This pack (2016) contains a sky texture pack...and one for the sun.
All credit for this package goes to its creator and owner: Navid Hashemi.
(apparently he is no longer online, but if he wants these files to be offline, I will fulfill his wish)

As a personal opinion... in those years (fuzzy years now) the "Navids" package was my favorite... but recently I discovered the "Explor environment X" package (which is recently uploaded online here on simviation), I think This one is more exact (but still the Navids package is excellent and soft)
but one thing is for sure: the sun package that it includes is not as good as the "simple sun mod"
If you combine both the result is excellent
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:02 am

Was anyone able to download it and try it?
I would like to know if it worked well for you. (I have uploaded the original navid file "as is" without modifications)
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam