Flysimware NEW FREE planes ! (?)...and rara-avis sims

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Flysimware NEW FREE planes ! (?)...and rara-avis sims

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:18 pm

Hi everyone...
First of all I would like to introduce myself (sorry if it is not the right way...and sorry if I overlooked any rules)

I am from South America, (quite to the south, in a place far from people).
my first computer and operating system was WINDOWS VISTA...and under those circumstances I got a copy of FSX. <<q
you can imagine what that experience was like with Vista and fsx. :(
"I really enjoyed it" (sarcasm) ..I didn't even have a graphics card. Luckily the years passed and I managed to get to today with w10 AND FSX-SE

about simviation and other fsx mod sites:
for years (many years) I have been reading and reading "from the shadows" in forums, and pages...
this is my first time writing this somewhere about fsx
simviation was my "childhood" in simulation and was BY FAR...the most trusted site. thank you..... thank you very much . <<v

for reasons that are irrelevant, (grow up, get a job, new responsibilities, new pc,...)
i started from scratch in FSX-SE...lost every mod i remember and making a list of planes i wanted to have (freeware)...

I saw in FLYSIMWARE new (?) FREE models!!!

https://flysimware.com/website2019/airc ... licopters/
Cessna 120 FREE FSX-P3D-FSX:SE
Cessna 1966 Old School Skylane FSX-P3D-FSX:SE
(beware...there are 2 versions...the fs9 is still "paid" (?)...the second FSX version has a free download link)

both are dated MAY 19, 2022

Can someone confirm that it is so, are they freeware? and since when?
there is really little information about these models
If someone tried them, can you tell me your feelings with these models?

about "rara-avis sim"
what were they called in the past? . Are they all Craig Richardson models? . is it the same as classic wings?
Has anyone tried some of these "rara-avis sim" models?:

De Havilland Comet
Gloster Gladiator
Heinkel He-51
Luscombe Silvaire

THANKS A LOT <<q
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Flysimware NEW FREE planes ! (?)...and rara-avis sims

Postby pete » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:35 pm

Hi, where did you see anything there is free? I can't see anything without a price. Would be good if true .... but ... could be a cheap stunt if it says somewhere these are free
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:43 pm

in the link I put
in the products+ section, then scroll down, look for the 2 models I mentioned...the cessna 120 and the 66' skylane...select "visit product page" automatically you will go to the download site...

I would also like to ask about this model:
https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/ ... Avro-Tutor.
From the pictures it is absolutely stunning.
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Daube » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:21 pm

In the FSX products I scrolled down to find the Cessna 120 and indeed, it is written "FREE".
I didn't try it though.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:30 pm

I have searched a lot about these planes... only old information from when it was paid.

I think it's so recent that no one noticed...
I was even able to download it for free from there.
make the voice run, it seems like an excellent payware now free.

Could someone answer or help me with the rare-avis? are they the same known models? (heinkel, gloster...there are few photos of the gloster)

thanks!
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby striker » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:10 am

Nice old bird. Thanks for the heads up!

striker
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:58 am

could you try the other one? the 66' skylane for fsx (be careful there are 2 versions)
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby wvernonc » Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:48 pm

The 1966 Cessna is very good. A little old in visuals, but great frame rates. Flys well.
wvernonc
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:07 pm

well... i tried both... on fsx-se (steam edition)

the old cessna 120 (which has a red cockpit) comes with many textures... and various models (apparently normal, bush, tundra)
its years are noticeable...but it is well modeled...and it has a very good flight modeling. (you can see that it is a payware...somewhat old...but complete)...it has its own sounds, checklist...
8.5/10

the 66´cessna skyline (182K)... is even much better... MUCH BETTER, it has a fully detailed cockpit... I would like to highlight the flight modeling... very "peculiar". all buttons and levers work... you can do the whole procedure from cold and dark, to landing (see checklist).
the only "problem": it only comes with a single painting (texture)..but it's still good. (it would be easy to do repaints)
but the only real "mechanical" problem... is that the propeller control is useless (it comes with one). the others (rpm, and fuel) and all the others work perfectly.
this model (the skyline) competes directly or surpasses the FRENCH-VFR cessna 150 model (or the skysim version)
9/10
(perhaps I misused the words, the frenchvfr-skysim model is excellent, having both models, the small frenchvfr 150 and this medium 182k skylane are very good "brothers")

I know that being freeware models (currently)... I can NOT complain, (rather, thank you for such good gifts)... but I get annoyed (and note that this is something "inherited" from the payware version)... is that the installer is very intrusive- mandatory... it forces you to install it in the simulator.
it is not a container installer where you install it in a temporary folder and then take the folders to the simulator.... it forces you to choose the specific path or it does not install anything. also (almost certainly) leaves some record in the windows registry.
It would bother me that in a new windows (11, or later) I can't even run the installer or it doesn't recognize the simulator.

saludos! <<q
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:09 pm

update21/7/2022:

as i said before... it's completely free to download...(cessna 120, and 182k skylane models....beware...only FSX/P3D versions) (although other fs9 models on sale pages as well they are free)
I was able to download completely free both (as it says... for fsx/p3d) with the installer, and the manuals... from the official page
let everyone know...

I've even made a recently published edited texture:
https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... 82&x=0&y=0

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby wvernonc » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:31 am

I have the repaint. Very well done. Thanks. I am having trouble changing the tail texture. Help?
wvernonc
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:59 am

sorry....i made a mistake in the texture....at the bottom of the engine...near the exhaust, and next to the front wheel...there is a black spot...(in the texture ...I thought that part belonged to the engine cover...well, it wasn't...IT WAS CORRECTED.)
although if you wish you can keep the original texture....
I repeat...in the version that I am going to upload again...there will NOT be a backup of the original (with the stain)...if you wish, do not delete the original from your PC.
I'll upload the "fixed" right now
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:49 pm

wvernonc wrote:I have the repaint. Very well done. Thanks. I am having trouble changing the tail texture. Help?

It is very simple...
if you ALREADY installed the texture and you can see it in the simulator...

-close the simulator...
(look at the photo where you can see the different fins for the plane...choose one)
-go to the texture folder...inside it there are more folders...each folder has a different vertical fin....
-just replace the original (DO NOT OVERWRITE just remove the original (backup) and then put the one you want in the texture folder) (n2627kRED)...
don't do it while the simulator works...because the simulator tends to stay (in ram memory) with the original texture and always shows that one.
I'm about to upload V2... with a correction and a mini instruction.
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Motormouse » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:24 am

Hello; couple of answers for you

1) rara-avis is Craig Richardson's site after Classic Wings got hacked, so models are the same

2) You can download the Avro Tutor at Sim-Outhouse library... both FSX and in the fs9/2004 section; you'll also find some repaints there

ttfn

Pete
Motormouse
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:07 am

thank you very much for your reply...i appreciate it
It's been a long time since those questions...so...yes, I have the avro tutor in my hands...and I know the craigh richardson models.
<<r
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Next

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam