Black airport beacon on tower LGKF Kefallinia

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Black airport beacon on tower LGKF Kefallinia

Postby ubowi » Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:35 am

I use those very nice freeware sceneries by George McKeough, a. o. LGKF Kefallinia Airport in Greece (as here in the library).

Mailed my problem to the author address failed. Hi George, you are here? Can you help?

The rotating airport beacon on the tower sends big, very ugly, black and intransparent beams over the scenery ( instead of transparent white/green, as does the 2nd smaller GA beacon nearby).

I heard that black objects are usually caused by a missing texture.

I could repair a similar anomalie with the very fine LEPP Pamplona Noain airport by http://www.simzalek.wixsit.com. Black beams outgoing from runway lights and other very strong lights. Simple Reinstallation helped instantly.

So I re-downloaded and re-installed the LGKF scenery x times and as well the same files from avsim. Hoped that this will load the missing or defective texture file. The problem remains yet.

I have no other graphic anomalies with whatever objects or sceneries. Have best frames all the way in very high settings!

Has someone this scenery too? The same bug or running well? I appreciate any help - maybe George McKeough can read this ...
Thanks

My PC: FSX Steam on C:/Samsung 960 EVO PCi express, WIN 10 64 bit, i5 7600, Nividia GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Asus EX OC, DX 10 unticked, anisotropic filtering.

Thanks
Attachments
Fehler LGKF.jpg
Fehler LGKF.jpg (140.1 KiB) Viewed 406 times
ubowi
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam