FSX - Missing Rewards

FSX including FSX Steam version.

FSX - Missing Rewards

Postby briancar89 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:55 am

Hello,

I noticed something strange in FSX last night, all the "rewards" have suddenly gone missing from the "pilot records" section of FSX. For example the little images they give you for flying 100 hours, 200 hours, landing at 100 airports etc. as well as the rewards from completing the various missions.
My log book is still there (500 more hours and I can apply to jetBlue lol) as well as the screenshots under the "photos" section.
I checked the rewards folder in the FSX folders in the file explorer, and looks normal as far as I can tell.

Not a big deal, but just noticed it. Has this happened to anyone else or anyone know a solution?

Thanks!
briancar89
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: FSX - Missing Rewards

Postby ConcordeError404 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:11 am

briancar89 wrote:Hello,

I noticed something strange in FSX last night, all the "rewards" have suddenly gone missing from the "pilot records" section of FSX. For example the little images they give you for flying 100 hours, 200 hours, landing at 100 airports etc. as well as the rewards from completing the various missions.
My log book is still there (500 more hours and I can apply to jetBlue lol) as well as the screenshots under the "photos" section.
I checked the rewards folder in the FSX folders in the file explorer, and looks normal as far as I can tell.

Not a big deal, but just noticed it. Has this happened to anyone else or anyone know a solution?

Thanks!

did you ever reinstall FSX? If you do, then it will mostly disappear
Another thing could be that your GrantedRewards.BIN file (found in C:\Users\(Your User Name in Windows)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX) may have got corrupt
If you are unable to fly an aircraft, become the aircraft
-the guy who came with concept of a wing suit, perhaps
ConcordeError404
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby briancar89 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:01 am

Thanks! I have had this installation of FSX for some time, the little icons were there maybe a couple months ago when I checked, so maybe it was the file that was corrupted, looking for it now.
briancar89
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby ConcordeError404 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:41 am

briancar89 wrote:Thanks! I have had this installation of FSX for some time, the little icons were there maybe a couple months ago when I checked, so maybe it was the file that was corrupted, looking for it now.

it's a problem of the BIN file then, since you had FSX since a long time.
If you can't access it just do this
Press Win+R
type in %appdata% and press enter
there, find for Microsoft, in Microsoft find for FSX, and BACK UP the file which I mentioned (GrantedRewards.bin)
Then try deleting it and there should be another file called GrantedRewardsOld.bin (make a backup for this as well)
Knock off the old from the name so it becomes GrantedRewards.bin
Run FSX

Doesn't work?
Bring in the back up of the first bin file which FSX couldn't display rewards of and replace the old one

Hope it helps :D
If you are unable to fly an aircraft, become the aircraft
-the guy who came with concept of a wing suit, perhaps
ConcordeError404
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam