Need help please

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Need help please

Postby Tug002 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:22 am

Hey there. My hard drive died on me a few days ago and I had to get a new computer. After transferring all my disks onto an external hard drive from my laptop ( it has a disk drive and my new computer does not ) I was able to run FSX Gold on my new computer with all of my A2A aircraft. After about 15 to 20 min flight time it said thank you for trying Microsoft FSX. Problem is that when I installed the first 2 disks I was able to insert the key from the box but when I loaded the 3rd disk which is labeled Flight Simulator Expansion Pack an error came up and would not let me enter the key that I have for this disk. I am running Windows 10 on my new system. All help with this problem would be greatly appreciated as I am grounded now :(

Thank you for your help in advance :)

Keep smiling
Tug :)
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Re: Need help please

Postby hertzie » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:44 am

Can you go on your old PC to C -> Users -> User (or your name) -> AppData -> Roaming -> Microsoft -> FSX ? If so, copy that on your new laptop in the same way.
Hopefully it works. You don't need the expansion-pack, you can use your old files on the HD's you made.
If you can't get the AppData FSX.cfg, send me a PM and I'll send you mine. Maybe it will work.

Cheers, hertzie
hertzie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Tug002 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:14 am

All is well now, up and running. Thank you Dave for the help. Sent a reply to you but don't know if you got it as I am not really sure how private message works.

Keep smiling
Tug :D
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Dave T » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:37 am

Glad to help.
Dave T
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam