a new discovery

FSX including FSX Steam version.

a new discovery

Postby garymbuska » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:04 pm

I recently downloaded a B747-400F to use instead of the default B747-400 the reason was the new aircraft had decent strobe lights that the default did not have. And you can not change the strobe lights in the default because they are hard coded into the MODEL file
After downloading I took it out for a trial flight to see how it handled. Like the default aircraft it did not taxi worth a flip very slow making turns but manageable I took off with no problems and flew around the air port to land making sure to go far enough out so I could make a proper approach . Once I disengaged the auto throttle the plane fell out of the sky like a lead anvil. I could not control the decent. Normally I would just delete the aircraft but I decided to see if I could fix it.
The first thing I did was to compare the new plane's aircraft.cfg file with the default B747-400 but found only minor differences between the two so changing it was not going to help. I than decided to try something I have never done before I knew that the only other thing that effects how a aircraft handles in the air is the .AIR file so I wondered what would happen if I used the default .AIR file I had nothing to loose so I did
I could not believe it! it actually worked and now the plane handles good
All I had to do was to copy the file into the new plane's folder and than change the name in the Aircraft.cfg file :clap: :dance:
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam