Wonky Reinstall Issues.....

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Wonky Reinstall Issues.....

Postby Travis » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:03 pm

Perhaps this should be in a different section.....

Hi there, I'm back! Been in absentia for awhile, mainly for technical reasons.

So I'm trying to reinstall after a full disk crash. However, the disk that crashed was external and not my drive disk, so the registry entry for FSX is still in existence. Hence, when I try to reinstall from the FSX disks, the registry says its there. When I try the install I get the "Repair/Remove" window, but when I try either option I get a couple of dialogues that basically tell me the tool cannot access the files to change them. When I try to remove the program via the Win 10 removal tool, it hits an error as well since it cannot access the files to remove them.

SO, my real question is: how do I remove the registry entry from Windows 10 without disturbing the rest of the registry?
Travis
Major
Major

Re: Wonky Reinstall Issues.....

Postby pete » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:57 am

Boy, :think: Have you resolved it yet?
Does it come up in the Add/remove programs options?
Another disc?

As you know deleting registry entries can be tricky and can mess with your other programs sometimes. Have you tries scans/ cCleaner maybe? In my experience that's usually quite safe.
I'm sure you've tried this
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Wonky Reinstall Issues.....

Postby Sinkrate » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:41 am

I have the same problem. I’ve tried C Cleaner, ASC , MicrosoftKB928080, Revo, manual search of registry, and still have the problem. It appears to be quite a common issue from what I have read on the internet. As one might expect, there is no indication from the FSX install wizard as to the exact location of the problem or any real attempt to rectify it. :( :( :(
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam