A-10 Warthog Specs and Reference info

FSX including FSX Steam version.

A-10 Warthog Specs and Reference info

Postby BAB7485 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:21 pm

I am flying a freeware version of the A-10 Thunderbolt II in FSX Steam Edition. Unfortunately it did not come with Spec or reference sheets. I do not have a problem taking off but would really need help with the Descent, Approach, ILS Glideslope and Landing speeds and flap positions. When I land I always come in hot even when I have full flaps activated.

The same info for the B17 would be great.....

If there is a website where I can get that info that information would be great also.

Thank you all in advance....

Regards and Happy Flying
BAB7485
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: A-10 Warthog Specs and Reference info

Postby striker » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:55 pm

striker
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby NickSaggy » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:09 pm

Have they altered any of those specifications for now?
NickSaggy
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby napamule » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:24 am

So you get the SPECs for the A-10. Then what? Well you will have to plug them into cfg and air file. So you must learn to modify the aircraft cfg file and (maybe) the xxx.air file. Start with the aircraft cfg as most values there will overwrite the xxx.air file entries anyway.

BUT..you might find that due to the MODEL (size, characteristics, CofG, etc) that the 'real' specs will not work correctly. Then you will have to do 'Trial-n-Error' to tweak things where they do work. Will you ever sort things out to where it flys like the real one? Maybe and maybe not. Maybe not EVER! (Reality Sucks?). But it's just one of those things. Good luck.
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Dave T » Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:56 am

In DCS on initial approach 250-300 KIAS.

Downwind 150KIAS minimum.
Base flaps 40% speed brakes which might not be variable in the A10 you are using. Use the speed brakes rather than throttle to control speed as the A10's engines are slow to spool up and ditching the speed brakes is a lot quicker response.

Final around 135-145 KIAS.
Final approach in landing config 120/130 KIAS using the AOA indicator.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby RichardJones » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:14 am

The A-10 became designed to offer near air aid (CAS) to friendly ground troops via attacking armored motors, tanks, and different enemy floor forces; it's miles the most effective production-constructed plane designed entirely for CAS to have served with the U.S. Air force. Its secondary mission is to direct other aircraft in assaults on ground objectives, a function referred to as ahead air controller-airborne; plane used primarily on this role are certain OA-10.
<<q https://mybankinginformation.com/does-n ... -take-ebt/
RichardJones
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam