Missing Panel Textures

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Missing Panel Textures

Postby briancar89 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:20 am

Hi,

I've got the wonderful Project Airbus FD-FMC packages, A318, A319, A320, and A321, they've got me flying mostly Airbus, something I never thought I'd say! I haven't seen really an repaints for them so I figured it may work if I downloaded some repaints for the "Project Airbus" which does not necessarily have the FD-FMC packages with them. I put the texture files in as normal, added the dialogue in the aircraft file as normal, went into FSX, the textures work and look great, however the panel textures are gone, so I only have a black background on the panel, all gauges still work fine, using the different views for the 2D panel, such as the overhead panel, it looks normal. I switched over to one of the planes included in the FD-FMC package and it works normally. I went into the aircraft file to see if I missed something and it has the same setup as the FD-FMC package aircraft other than texture info, so I can't figure out what I could be missing. Any ideas? Screenshot is attached.
Attachments
Panel Texture.jpg
Panel Texture.jpg (137.21 KiB) Viewed 502 times
briancar89
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Missing Panel Textures

Postby pete » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:42 am

Hi

A common probem and easy to fix.

Inside the texture folders of the Airbus FD FMC packages (for example in the A320 - inside 'texture.geuuz') you will find a file called 'texture.cfg'

Copy this file into the new texture folders you added and it should be OK

The 'texture.cfg' file points to the VC or other common textures shared by the aircraft texture folders.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby briancar89 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:50 pm

I'll give it a try, thanks!
briancar89
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby briancar89 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:25 pm