Dual Monitor Help needed

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Dual Monitor Help needed

Postby Fagintheblagger » Sun May 24, 2020 11:24 am

Newbie Simmer and needing some help with a dual monitor set up please?

I was wondering if someone could give me a simple step by step guide to help me achieve a cockpit on any aircraft that I can look around with TrackIR 5 but having it split between 2 screens.

I did find a video clip of someone that had done it and it looked fantastic, think it was an F16 and he had the main cockpit view on the top monitor and the cockpit lower panels and floor etc on the lower monitor.

Managed quite easily to have 2 separate views but I can only look around on the top monitor?

Thanks
Fagintheblagger
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Dual Monitor Help needed

Postby EVVFCX » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:09 pm

Hi,

Only tracking I've tried was PSVR on P3D and it was OK.
What happens if you stretch the view over the two monitors rather than setting up 2 separate views which you will have undocked and placed?
If you click on your bottom monitor, does it not then become the active view you can look around in?

regards

Steve
May the Mynd be with you.
So far my number of landings either passenger or pilot equal my number of takeoffs.

FSX Gold Acc, P3D V4, FS2020
EVVFCX
Captain
Captain

Re: Dual Monitor Help needed

Postby Fagintheblagger » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:44 pm

EVVFCX wrote:Hi,

Only tracking I've tried was PSVR on P3D and it was OK.
What happens if you stretch the view over the two monitors rather than setting up 2 separate views which you will have undocked and placed?
If you click on your bottom monitor, does it not then become the active view you can look around in?

regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

That’s a good idea, haven’t tried it yet but will give it a go and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestion ;)
Fagintheblagger
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam