Issue with AP in KLM 777 installation

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Issue with AP in KLM 777 installation

Postby dpgomes » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:48 pm

Hi,

I've got my KLM 777 (Orange) aircraft working except for the Autopilot controls. What have I missed doing?

Daryl
dpgomes
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Issue with AP in KLM 777 installation

Postby Tiger1962 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:58 pm

You've missed telling us what 777 aircraft this is, and what panel you're using with it. The .zip filenames would help us to help you!
Tiger1962
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby dpgomes » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:39 am

Hi,

Thanks for yr email.

I have loaded the Boeing 777-300ER KLM Orange Pride aircraft.

Not sure what you mean by the "panel" statement. Do I have a choice? Since I was not sure, I copied all the files from the Panel directory to the Gauges directory in my FSX folder.

My final doubt is that since there is no Panel directory in my FSX folder, pls advise on how I get the correct panel files loaded from the downloaded (from Simvation) to FSX.

Thanks.

Daryl
dpgomes
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Tiger1962 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:09 am

Some people use a separate 2D and VC panel to the ones supplied with the aircraft. Still not sure which Orange Pride 777 you've installed, there are two in the library. I'd recommend this one, since it's the most complete and includes instruction docs for the FMC etc:

FSX/P3D Boeing 777-300ER KLM Orange Pride package (Category: FSX > Civil Jets)
b773_klm_orange.zip
95.13Mb (1231 downloads)
FSX/P3D Boeing 777-300ER KLM Orange Pride package. The Netherland's flag carrier airline currently fly 14 Boeing 777-300ER with another 2 on order. This one represents Orange Pride to reflect pride in the nation flag. Includes revised VC and Honeywell FMC (via Views-Instrument panel). Project Opensky model features opening doors & cargo doors, detailed textures, accurate paint, dynamic shine & effects, dynamic flexing wings that respond to turbulence, fully independent suspension, trim animation, gear steering, accurate flight dynamics, spoiler animation, reflective cockpit windows, crash effects, animated tilting bogies, full night lighting, stairs, ground service vehicles when cargo doors open, (FSX - Go to Views - Instrument Panel -Posky Util), detailed virtual cockpit and more. Added custom B777 sounds. VC night lights fixed thanks to Hagar. To use FMC - Go to Views - Intrument panel - FMC. See FMC docs. Thanks for the fantastic native FSX model and paintkit by Skyspirit/Project Opensky. Textures by Triada Sudarmawan. Jetway exits added. Thank you to Zachary777 for the native conversion of the brilliant Jacob Kubique VC. P3D/FSX compatible gauges added by Chris Evans. Assembled and tested for P3d 4.5 by Chris Evans. Should also work in FSX
Tiger1962
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby cevans » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:15 pm

Hi

I make all my files for P3D but most will work in FSX. The 777 VC can be one exception.

Please try swapping out the VC in the Zachary Tay Reborn package https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... y&x=23&y=6

All you need to do is replace the panel folder with his one and the AP should work in FSX

Get back here if not.
cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby dpgomes » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:23 am

Ok...here's the pointwise response.

I've loaded the FSX/P3D Boeing 777-300ER KLM Orange Pride package (Category: FSX > Civil Jets). This matches your recommendation. The zipped file that is downloaded is B773_klm_orange with size 97,410KB. So that is also a match.

I then copied the relevant directories to FSX/Airplanes directory, Sound files to the Sound directory, Textures.KLM files to the textures directory.

However the downloaded and extracted Panels directory contains many directories for 777 including 737, 747, Posky, Bombadier etc. Need help in getting the correct directory copied to the FSX/Panels directory.

Thanks for your revert.

Daryl
dpgomes
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam