FS2004 Chriscraft CCA 270 "Sokudo" problem

FSX including FSX Steam version.

FS2004 Chriscraft CCA 270 "Sokudo" problem

Postby helo27 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:35 am

Hello.

I figured I'd come here to ask if anyone has had any problems with this aircraft in FSX? I have the "Ijubane" and "Honyaku" Fictional Airliners. The two work just fine while the Ijubane seems to not have any sound, the Honyaku does. But where my question lies is with the Sokudo. Despite all three of these planes being from FS2004. The Ijubane and Honyaku work just fine. Sokudo on the other hand seems to be unable. Is there a way to get it to work for FSX? It does show on the aircraft selection window, but fails to load.

Thank you for your time and patience.
helo27
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: FS2004 Chriscraft CCA 270 "Sokudo" problem

Postby Hagar » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:42 pm

Hello. I've just tried the Sokudo posted here ---> https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=Chriscraft+CCA+270&categoryId=
It loads & displays fine in FSX as you can see in this shot.

Like the Ijubane it has no sound. This is because the sound.cfg file is aliased to an aircraft I do not have installed to FSX & is easily fixed.
Open its sound.cfg file in Notepad & change the alias= line to this:

[fltsim]
alias=B737_800\sound

Exit Notepad saving changes when prompted. It will now use the sound from the default B737_800. Do the same for the Ijubane.

Some of the gauges are not compatible with FSX & the panel.cfg file will need a small tweak for the panel to display properly.
Find Panel.cfg in the Panel folder & open it in Notepad, Now find this entry. render_3d_window=1
Change the value to 0 like this render_3d_window=0
Exit Notepad saving changes when prompted. This will also affect the way the aircraft displays in Spot View.

Hope this is some help. I can't explain why the Sokudo doesn't work for you.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam