Why does my fsx look so poor - just got it

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Why does my fsx look so poor - just got it

Postby thegladiator » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:01 pm

Hi

so I setup my new machine and a nice new 34inch ultrawide screen monitor.

I have a gigabyte 2070 super graphics card and more then enough of a system for this game. I used to play flights sims way back 15yr ago and before.. lockon/f19 stealthfighter. (amiga days)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPFG9ir5Umw&t=1337s please look at this youtube video and look at how it looks. he can view around his cockpit and his view looks roomy and outwards..

Mine looks like im playing the flightsim on the amiga still. why? the cockpit is just stationary pics I have to right click mouse and choose cockpit views where as the guy in the video nicely moves around and views hit cockpit.

I don't want to spend £60 on xplane 11 because fsx 2020 is nearly here. but im really considering it at the moment as this looks just terrible.

every video I see on youtube makes fsx looks awesome.

please help me how do I get it like that video.

kind regards
thegladiator
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Why does my fsx look so poor - just got it

Postby Dave T » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:05 pm

Go into fsx settings and set it up for the resolution of your monitor, move the sliders to the right to improve the graphics settings. Change the aircraft settings to a higher setting from the drop down menu.
Use the hat switch on your joystick to look around the VC if you do not use trackir, Use F9 key to select the VC view.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby dadam141 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:36 pm

I use reshade makes a big difference also have all sliders ion fsx cranked wide open!!
dadam141
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:55 am

If you look at the very first entries on this forum you will find several stickies as to how to adjust FSX for your system. Look at the link below and you will find some of the many tweaks that can help your display look better.
FSX can be a CPU & GPU hog and depending on what kind of system you have and graphics card you have that is what will determine what you can or can not do.
As you can see by my system specs I have a decent system but by no means is it top grade. But with a few tweaks I run FSX maxed out and the frame rate set to unlimited and even in the worst weather and the most detailed aircraft I get frame rates in the 50 to 60 range and sometimes higher. I also use Active Sky 2016 to recreate real world weather and this can really have a impact on your frame rates.
The ideal graphics card should have 4 gig of video ram on it ideally mine only has 2 gig but with the tweaks I use it works pretty good.
Now I could be wrong but you do not need one of the latest video cards like the RTX series as FSX is to old and RAY tracing is not going to make any significant difference. But I still would love to have one. 8-)

https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 21&t=68473
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam