Carenado FA50

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Carenado FA50

Postby Tug002 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:41 am

I recently bought the Carenado FA50 which in my opinion is a great aircraft but am having a problem with the interior cockpit light. When I turn it on the cockpit lights bright for a moment then goes out. I was wondering if anyone here might have a fix for this slight problem as it is a bother when flying at night.

I have installed FSX Gold with Acceleration.

Any help would be appreciated

Keep smiling
Tug :0
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Re: Carenado FA50

Postby garymbuska » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:11 pm

Tug002 wrote:I recently bought the Carenado FA50 which in my opinion is a great aircraft but am having a problem with the interior cockpit light. When I turn it on the cockpit lights bright for a moment then goes out. I was wondering if anyone here might have a fix for this slight problem as it is a bother when flying at night.

I have installed FSX Gold with Acceleration.

Any help would be appreciated

Keep smiling
Tug :0

This could be a battery problem. When you first open any aircraft depending upon what you use for start up flight that is how the aircraft will open. Myself I have my start up flight load what is called cold&dark which means no power or no lights and engines off. So if your start up flight loads with power or the battery on it will drain pretty quickly which would make the light go out. Usually if you re select the aircraft it will come back on again.
Usually one will turn on the ground power to do there pre flight with that is the only cure I know of.
Jet aircraft have an APU that can provide power and Jetways have ground power as well <<v
if this aircraft does not have an APU than the only other way you can keep the lights on would be to start an engine. <<r
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Re: Carenado FA50

Postby Tug002 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:32 pm

Thank you for the reply. I don't think that is a battery problem as I do start up cold and dark and use the APU for starting. It also does the same with all three engines running and the generators turned on and making power.

Keep smiling
Tug :D
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam