FSX crashes when putting in flight plan to and fro Eindhoven

FSX including FSX Steam version.

FSX crashes when putting in flight plan to and fro Eindhoven

Postby DaveHagen » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:33 pm

Hello, I have a problem with putting in the flight plan to and from Eindhoven, everytime I put on the FMS next page when I am on Eindhoven putting in a flight plan or putting in a flight plan to Eindhoven the game crashes.
Flight Simmer
I use PMDG 737NGX, 777L, Aerosoft A32X
I use FSX:SE
I love travelling
DaveHagen
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: FSX crashes when putting in flight plan to and fro Eindh

Postby garymbuska » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:39 am

DaveHagen wrote:Hello, I have a problem with putting in the flight plan to and from Eindhoven, everytime I put on the FMS next page when I am on Eindhoven putting in a flight plan or putting in a flight plan to Eindhoven the game crashes.

This is not enough information here.
What aircraft how are you using
You state FMS do you mean FMC
Are you using a working FMC?
is the data base for the FMC up to date
What version of FSX are you using Steam or Gold
If this is an addon FMC it more than likely is not 100% functional
I have a payware Collection of Airbuses that have a FMC in them but it is not 100% functional you can not program it
I also have a payware CRJ700/900 and a payware B737-800/900 that have a working FMC in them I am able to enter a flight plan that even uses SIDS and STARS
you can not do this using most addon FMC'S
I use Navigraph to keep my FMC data base up to date we are in CYCLE 1909
A typical flight plan looks like the entries below
OLEMS5 This is a SID
LEYIK Waypoint(intersection)
DUCHY Waypoint(intersection)
OHDEA1 This is a STAR
The above flight plan is for KMEM to KJAX

the above has to be entered in a very specific way and FMC'S can be different as to how you enter SID'S and STARS.
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby DaveHagen » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:02 pm

garymbuska wrote:
DaveHagen wrote:Hello, I have a problem with putting in the flight plan to and from Eindhoven, everytime I put on the FMS next page when I am on Eindhoven putting in a flight plan or putting in a flight plan to Eindhoven the game crashes.

I have a payware Collection of Airbuses that have a FMC in them but it is not 100% functional you can not program it
I also have a payware CRJ700/900 and a payware B737-800/900 that have a working FMC in them I am able to enter a flight plan that even uses SIDS and STARS
OLEMS5 This is a SID
OHDEA1 This is a STAR

the above has to be entered in a very specific way and FMC'S can be different as to how you enter SID'S and STARS.

I use PMDG 737 NGX and Aerosoft A320, I only have this issue with the PMDG, and it happens if I press next page on my flight plan to Eindhoven to Stansted for e.g. I write down the intersections/VORs from FSX itself or from simbrief, but it happens often when I do it from simbrief when I do it via the company route. And I have FSX:SE, no it's not up to date, I looked the navigraphs software up, but I want to do that when I switch over to a new PC, Windows 10 and Prepar3D. And I don't have the issue when I start up the FSX again and fill in the route again. But it happens very often at Eindhoven, I never have this when I plan a route from/to Schiphol or other airports
Flight Simmer
I love travelling
DaveHagen
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:57 am

DaveHagen wrote:
garymbuska wrote:

OLEMS5 This is a SID
OHDEA1 This is a STAR

I use PMDG 737 NGX and Aerosoft A320, I only have this issue with the PMDG, and it happens if I press next page on my flight plan to Eindhoven to Stansted for e.g. I write down the intersections/VORs from FSX itself or from simbrief, but it happens often when I do it from simbrief when I do it via the company route. And I have FSX:SE, no it's not up to date, I looked the navigraphs software up, but I want to do that when I switch over to a new PC, Windows 10 and Prepar3D. And I don't have the issue when I start up the FSX again and fill in the route again. But it happens very often at Eindhoven, I never have this when I plan a route from/to Schiphol or other airports

One has to remember that the navigation data base in FSX is older than dirt which means the FMC might not have that VOR in its data base but even if it did not all you would get is a not found error.
I have the PMDG 737 and sim brief i will try to program the route and see what happens.

I just finished entering the flight plan with no problems
this was the plan I entered
departed RWY 21
ABNE1K (SID)
ABNED
UL980
XAMAN
P49
IDESI
IDES10(STAR)
Arrive RWY ILS 22

I have no idea as to why you are having the issue
The only thing I can think of is you are running out of memory
If you are still using a 32 BIT OS that could be your problem
I suggest you check your system event log it will tell you what exactly happened.
You will find it under your system administration tools
just google system event log and it will tell you where to find it.
you need to check the application and system logs
Just scroll down the log and look for errors they will be obvious
About all you can do is to make sure you shut down all unneeded programs before running FSX
I use to have this problem before I updated my system

I hope you figure it out
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby garymbuska » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:07 am

One other note you have to remember that every airport is different depending on how well that airport is depicted and where your sliders are set at.
With a 32 BIT OS i would not recommend that you turn them all the way up as this can and will cause your system to crash. The biggest things that effect this are weather and how dense your settings are set at.
Before I updated I had my sliders set just under half way and turned down my Cloud draw distance as well as limiting the number of trees and the AUTO gen section
I now have my settings maxed out and even using payware aircraft and the worst weather you can create i still have no problems hitting 30 FPS <<r
Gary M Buska
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby EVVFCX » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:19 pm

Hi Dave,

If you register and use Navigraph you also need to make sure to update your magdec file, otherwise you'll also get approaches/ils/vor approaches whose direction does not exactly match your scenery.

If your using any old approaches/maps, it's worth looking at the new ones as sometimes the stars/sid are the same but have been renamed.

My FMC/FMS is android based, I do recommend one, very similar to using the FMC in the full size simulator. You just need android that can be on the same network as your PC, the only problem I have with mine is they have not used the correct color/colour of text in some places.

Maybe a reinstall of your PMDG 737?

regards

Steve
May the Mynd be with you.
So far my number of landings either passenger or pilot equal my number of takeoffs.

FSX Gold Acc, P3D V4, FS2020
EVVFCX
Captain
Captain

Postby DaveHagen » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:15 am

EVVFCX wrote:Hi Dave,

If you register and use Navigraph you also need to make sure to update your magdec file, otherwise you'll also get approaches/ils/vor approaches whose direction does not exactly match your scenery.

If your using any old approaches/maps, it's worth looking at the new ones as sometimes the stars/sid are the same but have been renamed.

My FMC/FMS is android based, I do recommend one, very similar to using the FMC in the full size simulator. You just need android that can be on the same network as your PC, the only problem I have with mine is they have not used the correct color/colour of text in some places.

Maybe a reinstall of your PMDG 737?

regards

Steve

I have now W10, and everything is fine now
Flight Simmer
I love travelling
DaveHagen
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam