Warning

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Warning

Postby garymbuska » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:29 am

There is a windows update that was just released some of you may have already updated I hope things went ok. I recently applied the update on my system at home and the next day I went to go fly a flight when I got the message that the default flight could not be loaded because the aircraft was corrupt. You can imagine my surprise. I closed FSX and proceeded to find out what happened. I discovered that the folder that had the aircraft mentioned had a huge problem the .AIR file was missing as well as the texture folder. Now why this was the only aircraft affected is something I will never know Lucky for me I had the same aircraft on my system at work as I had downloaded there.
Now mind you UPDATES are not supposed to change anything yeah right. So you might want to back anything up before applying the update.
I had no problems when I updated my system at work. So why did it remove files from my system at home is the million dollar question. Answer who knows> :doh:
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Re: Warning

Postby Bofredrik » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:05 pm

Updated Win10 and FS is working fine.
Bofredrik
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam