Thomas Ruths panel & plane

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Thomas Ruths panel & plane

Postby hudson » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:52 am

I have a real problem with his poor autopilot, and aircraft cfg file. First off do not, do not use spoilers on his airplanes no matter which it is. Usually if you get to slow at 10,000 feet or a little less y9ou will not recover the airplane. Usually if you kick off autopilot and auto throttle. push the nose down you should be able to recover with plenty of throttle. Not so with airplanes of his that I have. Especially the 727. As to the autopilot I take the FSND autopilot from his 727 and put it in the panel file, as that autopilot is perfect. Or the B-25 Autopilot works great also, But even so do not use spoilers. Next problem in t he aircraft cfg file. Toe |Brakes=0.699. Even with reverse thrust you will play you know what to stop the airplane. Not on a 7000 ft runway. \Then I have seen on some other aircraft toe brakes=0.6954376, etc. Don;t these guys ever fly their planes? On a prop plane the cfg should be toe brakes=1.20 to 1.40 depending the size of the plane. On a 727 or abovr toe brakes should at least be 1.50, but I usually put it around 1.70. If you look at the fuel and payload, there are a lot of people back there.
In aircraft cfg, Flight Tuning 1.0, 1.0,1.0. Not much ailerons with those numbers. Somebody got any better ideas I would be happy to try them out. Last suggestions-------Don;t use spoilers on thomas Ruths airplanes
hudson
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Thomas Ruths panel & plane

Postby Canuck1955 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:56 am

Wow for a first post you adopt a rather aggressive attitude. Thomas Ruth has not designed a/c for many years now. With a little research I am sure you can find solutions in corrections others have made to the flight dynamics. Quite a common thing for others to improve upon anothers initial offering.
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Thomas Ruths panel & plane

Postby cevans » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:25 pm

Can you be a little more detailed about what aircraft you are talking about?
The beauty of flight simulator is that very little can't be fixed, tweaked and put through the mangles.
There are many fixes out there for many aircraft. Little more info would be good.
cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam