Microsoft Flight Simulator 2019 announced !!

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2019 announced !!

Postby B0ikat » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:19 am

"...working in close collaboration with the community..."

I have to wonder, which "community"? The Flight Simulator community, or the XBox gaming community? I think I'm hearing the same distant bells that Pete is hearing.
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby tjitah » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:09 pm

zswobbie1 wrote:with a monthly fee, ....

And that is where I lost interest
i7-4790K @ 4.6 GHz, ASUS Maximus VII Gene, GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 2400MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 monitor, CH Products Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals, Track IR 5, Oculus Rift, Windows 7 64-bit
tjitah
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hawkeye07 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:36 pm

Just remember...If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I'll wait and see; initial reports, especially news reports, are usually overblown hype.

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby zswobbie1 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:22 am

LOL, this reminds me of that Lionel Richie song, now sung by Microsoft Flight! 'Hullo, is it me you looking for'
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:30 am

Looks promising but like others I have all kind of payware software which I use on FSX STEAM the odds of any of that working with this are not all that good which means more money to put out.
We will just have to wait and see what comes out of this. <<v
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby B0ikat » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:22 am

I watched a Youtube that mentioned the "subscription" aspect. According to the vid, the PC version will have an option to buy the sim outright, doing away with the monthly subscription. That's a plus. No mention of price though.

If true, and it's open to third party add-ons, like FSX, my next question is what kind of super computer do you need?
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Jetranger » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:27 pm

Just got my hands on the very 1st copy of it, Bill Gates delivered it to my house personally himself,,,,,, really he did,,,,,, would I lie to all of you ?????? :hand:

Anyway heres another HYPE Trailer , kinda like the last HYPE trailer, that flopped on the last one few years ago,,,,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcdBBNAGQpE
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby tjitah » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:16 am

It will apparently run on the "Unreal" game engine which explains the gorgeous graphics. The Unreal Engine is quite efficient and will run smooth on most computers. However, it has some drawbacks on PC, such as:

1. No TrackIR support
2. No multi-monitor support

I'm currently playing a car racing sim called Assetto Corsa Competizione and it was developed on Unreal Engine 4. It looks fantastic and runs very smoothly on my PC, but has no TrackIR or multi-monitor support. The developers have fielded many requests about that and their standard answer is that the game engine doesn't support it, so that is where I get my information from.

This is of course no problem on the Xbox, but for us on PC it will be an issue. Perhaps the developers of the new FS2020 will find a way to implement TrackIR and multi-monitor support, or a future Unreal engine update may have it, but for me FS2020 will be a non-starter without TrackIR.
i7-4790K @ 4.6 GHz, ASUS Maximus VII Gene, GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 2400MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 monitor, CH Products Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals, Track IR 5, Oculus Rift, Windows 7 64-bit
tjitah
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Daube » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:44 am

Are you sure Assetto Corsa has no TrackIR support ?
I think it's very surprising, given the fact that it fully supports VR helmets, so why not a simpler tracking system such as TrackIR ?
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hoorf » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:25 pm

Hopefully it won't be as big a disappointment as Flight was...if so, a new tower and XPlane are in order. But no matter what, I don't see much hope in that ordinary guys like us would be able to AFCAD airports for improvement or update...among other things, such as repaints. Keep watching, I guess.
Hoorf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Location: In between the bright lights and the far, unlit unknown...

Postby B0ikat » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:37 pm

I'm truly hoping they "paid attention to the (flight simulator) community", and all the customizable options will be available. But since they apparently are using satellite data for scenery, airports should be pretty accurate from the start. I'm still wondering about add-on aircraft and vehicles. For that to not be available would be a step backwards.

I'm also wondering about any constraints, such as maximum speed and altitude. Also, with FSX, you had planes, boats and land vehicle add-on capability. Will FS2020?

So many questions!!!!!
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Tiger1962 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:33 pm

Surely, if Microsoft really get it right this time, there'll be no need for third-party add-ons of any kind? If add-ons were available, wouldn't they be DLC which would be compatible with both console and PC versions? I just can't see Microsoft making an SDK available for the PC version only, opening the floodgates to a multitude of freeware and payware add-ons which could make the XBox version look like a poor relation.
Tiger1962
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby B0ikat » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:57 pm

Tiger1962 wrote:Surely, if Microsoft really get it right this time, there'll be no need for third-party add-ons of any kind? If add-ons were available, wouldn't they be DLC which would be compatible with both console and PC versions? I just can't see Microsoft making an SDK available for the PC version only, opening the floodgates to a multitude of freeware and payware add-ons which could make the XBox version look like a poor relation.

If they go that route, FS2020 will not succeed on the scale of past flight simulators. The simming community is too diverse to settle for the few default aircraft that will come with the initial release (I haven't see any details on that yet). It would also fall short if any additional add-ons were all pay-ware available from Microsoft and only Microsoft. If they did it right, they will follow the same formula that made the past incarnations successful: Third party friendly.
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Tiger1962 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:53 pm

If they go that route, FS2020 will not succeed on the scale of past flight simulators. The simming community is too diverse to settle for the few default aircraft that will come with the initial release (I haven't see any details on that yet). It would also fall short if any additional add-ons were all pay-ware available from Microsoft and only Microsoft. If they did it right, they will follow the same formula that made the past incarnations successful: Third party friendly.

I agree, but I doubt that Microsoft would allow the PC version and the XBox version to become two different things - one a freely adaptable sim and the other a closed console game. I wonder how they'll balance it out and DLC designed with XBox Live SDK and distributed from XBox Marketplace seems the obvious answer.
Tiger1962
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby B0ikat » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:42 pm

They would have to treat them as "the same, but different". PC simmers are PC simmers. XBoxers are XBoxers. I'd be willing to bet that without allowing for third party add-ons, their potential customer base would drop dramatically. I certainly will not be interested if there is no third party participation for add-ons allowed.
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam