Questions about FSX formation

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Questions about FSX formation

Postby rocaf2003 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:26 am

Hello,Everyone!I am exploring an interesting question.Can we control all the aircraft in the formation when we fly the FSX flying formation? In other words, the AI's ​​flight control for the AIcontrolled aircraft in the formation exactly the same as my flight control for my own aircraft in the formation.I want to know is this idea possible?Any reply is greatly appreciated!Thanks a lot!
rocaf2003
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Questions about FSX formation

Postby garymbuska » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:14 am

The only way that might happen would be you would have to create a flight plan for all of the AI aircraft that is exactly like yours.
But I am not 100% sure if that would work because of the what I call the airspace rule. As a rule of thumb FSX will not allow two aircraft to occupy the exact same airspace now there will be occasions when two aircraft come close to each other but I have never seen two aircraft at the exact same altitude.
Having said that I do not think that you could control the AI aircraft.
even in the real world you would have to get permission to fly in a formation for a length of time.
There is a rule that states all north and south bound traffic fly at uneven altitudes and east and west fly at odd altitudes Mind you I could have these reversed I am always mixing this up. The whole purpose of this rule is to prevent two aircraft coming together at the same altitudes.
Of course when you are either climbing or descending there is always a chance of meeting an aircraft that will be at your altitude.
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam