Autopilot gauge

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Autopilot gauge

Postby DaveHagen » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:21 am

Hello, I like to have a wing view in-flight, but when the ATC tells me to turn or climb further or descent (further), I have to return to the cockpit, but I've seen video's on YT of FSX users that they have a separate Autopilot gauge, I've searched everywhere but can't find a proper one (for the default 737-800), so I was wondering how to get the autopilot gauge

thanks in advantage
Flight Simmer
I use PMDG 737NGX, 777L, Aerosoft A32X
I use FSX:SE
I love travelling
DaveHagen
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Autopilot gauge

Postby zeus981 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:01 am

If you had a FIP gauge, you would not have to go back to the cockpit... search SimV for < FIP 737-8 AP & Trims Consolidated >
zeus981
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Autopilot gauge

Postby zeus981 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:06 am

Another basic way of controlling it from outside on the wing is to set up a new camera definition view (aimed at the autopilot controls within the cockpit) and then open it as a small window on your screen. If you dont know how to do that an even more basic way is to open a new view window for the right-hand/ co-pilot view and move the eye point position (and angle) to where you need it to see the autopilot controls. You can then use these controls as if you were in the cockpit. .. disadvantage is you have to go through this routine every time you want to use it.
zeus981
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam