Moving FSX-SE?

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Moving FSX-SE?

Postby LTCSZ » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:49 pm

Hi: Several months ago, I mistakenly installed Steam FSX-SE to my "C" drive...Operating system is installed there...Now, as you can imagine, the drive is filling up, almost full...Is there any easy (?) way to move FSX-SE to another drive without uninstalling? ...Thanks for any ideas...

Steve in Kansas (KGCK)
LTCSZ
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Moving FSX-SE?

Postby Flacke » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:24 pm

LTCSZ wrote:Hi: Several months ago, I mistakenly installed Steam FSX-SE to my "C" drive...Operating system is installed there...Now, as you can imagine, the drive is filling up, almost full...Is there any easy (?) way to move FSX-SE to another drive without uninstalling? ...Thanks for any ideas...

Steve in Kansas (KGCK)

HELLO, when I wanted a separate backup copy of FSX-SE on a different drive I simply right-clicked on my main FSX-SE file and then clicked on "copy". I then "pasted" it in my other drive.
Once you test your backup fsx-se and see that it works perfectly you can delete fsx-se from your C-drive.
Don't rush to delete your original, do several of your normal flights on the backup to really convince yourself that all is well. My FSX-SE copies are flawless.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: Moving FSX-SE?

Postby papituwall » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:52 pm

And correct the registry path in order the addon installers can get the FSX-SE folder.

Search for: FSX TweakFS Registry Utility V1.21
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam