Idiotic Ground AI?!?

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Idiotic Ground AI?!?

Postby A Hobbit » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:43 pm

Ok, first off Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and Yes, I have been drinking, but that's ok as I'm plenty old enough to have Absinthes on Holidays....Now, onwards...Does anybody else have trouble with the ground vehicles crashing into them with little or no warning? Is there any way to edit the AI to be a little smarter? I have just been humiliated several times (4) in front of family and so called friends, including my youngest granddaughter, who has yet to get beyond saying momma and dada, being just 1 yrs old, but can now use the "F" word, in all of its various forms and spellings thanks to me I guess!?! I won't be trying to show the dinner guests my hobby any time soon regardless of the mirth that it brings... Any body got any help or thoughts on the matter?
A Hobbit
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Idiotic Ground AI?!?

Postby Daube » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:04 pm

The simplest solution is to acknowledge that the crash detection logic in FS (FS9, or FSX, or P3D, all versions) is totally useless and should be turned OFF. ;)
There are way too many objects with unrealistically huge crash boxes, or invisible objects that still have crash boxes, etc... that trigger crashes when your aircraft really didn't touch anything or anybody, forcing you to restart the flight for nothing.
I don't remember the exact name of the option, but it should be quite explicit, somewhere in the general or realism section of the sim options.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Ratty » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:40 pm

Daube is absolutely right. Turn off crash detection. You'll know when you mess up.

It's in Aircraft - Realism - Crashes and Damage
Ratty
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby A Hobbit » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:43 pm

Thanks, I will try that now
A Hobbit
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:45 pm

Having a ground vehicle crash into you is bad enough but wait till you are on final approach literally feet above the ground and a B747-400 fly's right through you
I learned long time ago TURN OFF CRASH DETECTION and disable AI around busy airports like KATL(Atlanta), KJFK(John F Kennedy airport New York and so on.
I have FSMAP installed in almost all of my fleet and when I am getting close to my destination I look to see if there is a lot of AI in the area if so Off goes traffic
8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam