a new fsx gold edition or flight sim?

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Re: a new fsx gold edition or flight sim?

Postby bombardier » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:52 am

hey hager: its been a while:

yeah I did make a shortcut for the desk top

bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby bombardier » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:54 am

hey hagar its been a while:

yeah I made a desk top root directory short cut

thanks
bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Downwind66 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:17 pm

bombardier wrote:hello to all:

do any of you know if Microsoft is going to make another fsx flight sim for the pc? I have my fsx gold edition but I made a mistake of throwing away my gold edition disks. hers why iam asking i got a new computer and some how I want to transfer my gold edition to my new pc.( desk top). I went to amazon and brought the gold edition. but the serial number has been use so I had to send it back. any new gold editions out there for me to buy and put that onto my new pc? with out the serial number being compromised.

bombardier

Hi all, new to this flight sim forum, so I will try to not step on anyone's toes! As others have stated, you really do have a dilemma, FSX Steam would probably be your best option. If you want to make up for throwing your gold edition disks away (shame on you), people still list FSX Gold on Ebay, new sealed boxes (not cheap or I should say inexpensive), one member has new sealed for $99 which is quite expensive in comparison to FSX Steam! I bought a used Gold set years ago, very good condition and I think I paid $60 free shipping! It's up to you, my FSX Gold is like the "Holy Grail" for me, not throwing them out for nobody!!! Your choice, I did purchase Steam a few months back, on sale for I believe $8.49, yep, price is not a typo! I purchased FSX Steam, just to have in the event something very bad might happen to my Gold set!!

Good luck in any choice you make!

Rick
Downwind66
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Downwind66 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:07 pm

Sorry guys, my bad, I didn't notice how old this thread was! Bombardier - I hope you made a choice and it was a good one! If you chose FSX Steam, you have all the goodies in one package!

Enjoy - Rick
Downwind66
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Daube » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:58 am

You just need to adjust the camera distance.
I don't remember the exact command name, but if you go to the screen where you can setup the key assignments, and you look for any command with "distance" in it (there is a search field), you should find it easilly.
If these commands are not assigned, then assign them to something (like CTRL+'+' and CTRL+'-') or something like that.
The camera moves very slowly, so keep the keys pressed for a while.
Give it a try when you're on the ground, so that you don't need to rush.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:29 am

All you need to do is to left click anywhere on the screen other than a panel than use the + and - keys to zoom in and out. Not sure if this will work in Locked Spot as it states it is locked.
it is just that easy.
The same method works while in the cockpit just left click someplace on the windshield than you can use the + and - keys to zoom in and out. 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Daube » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:59 am

This is right, but he should be careful not to confuse zoom and camera distance.
If the camera is too close, he can un-zoom as much as he wants, he still won't be able to see the world around the aircraft... or he will see it, but with an horrible fish-eye effect.
So, I would recommend to try things in this order:
1- check if the zoom as a normal value (between 0.5 and 1.0)
2- if the zoom is ok, and the plane is still too close, then try adjusting the camera distance.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Previous

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam